Parsons, Fulltime DE or back to LB?

blueblood70

Reaction score
can this kid be a HOF DE , Pro bowl DE, ALL Pro? If so, should we leave him there ?

Or when the DEs all come back, does he go back to LB and just get more opportunities to pass rush from his normal spot?

this is a quandary?

i am curious what Parsons would like to be? i wonder if the coaches have asked him?

we haven't seen him at LB enough yet but man he could most likely be fulltime DE and be great at it but does he stay at his current weight to do this 17 games?

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Almost wish it was Madden and he could do either for the entire game.

As long as they send him on blitzes from the LB spot I think that area will suit him the best for more of an overall impact but his passrush from the edge can't be denied as anything but impressive.
It's a good problem to have.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
can this kid be a HOF DE , Pro bowl DE, ALL Pro? If so should we leave him there ?

Or when the DEs all come back, does he go back to LB and just get more opportunities to pass rush from his normal sport?

this is a quandary?

i am curious what Parsons would lie to be?

we haven't seen him at LB enough yet but man he could most likely be fulltime DE and be great at it but does he stay at his current weight to do this 17 games?
Use him situationally. Far more dangerous playing both positions than sticking him at one. Hard to game plan against that

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have been looking for a comp for him. Khalil Mack the best one. Can play and dominate anywhere they line him up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mean, Parsons is on pace for 16 sacks at this point and to be tops in the league in pressures.

Whether it’s Lb or DE. I continue to let him attack and harass the QB all game long.

he doesn’t have to be a “DE”. He can do that from OLB and MLB too.

LB has more coverage and thinking to do for sure, he most likely would be setting the defense making adjustments and then going out to cover TEs and lBs so going forward all day is not what LB does..a DE that most of what they do see qb get qb see rb get rb..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Frankly I expect to see him used in a variety of ways as injured players return. I would much rather see QB trying to locate Parson and trying to adjust than to just stick him at 1 position and leave him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
As far as what Parsons would lobby for. Look at the pay difference between DE/ 3-4 OLB and traditional linebackers.

That should answer that question.
its odd DFE get paid more because technically a LB has far more responsibility's like converges and calling and setting defenses, he for sure would be wearing the green helmet making adjustments yet get paid less is odd..

lets leave money out of it , wonder really which position he loves more??

his answers are wherever the coaches want me but i believe he truly has one he likes over the other..