Parsons in the middle

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
:facepalm:
What are you talking about? This comment makes absolutely no sense. Maybe we shouldn’t let anyone know that Dak is at QB. Or better yet maybe we should hide Zeke’s position.

:facepalm:
It's above your ability to comprehend. I'm not going to try to explain this anymore when it's obvious you only have the comprehension skills of a brick wall. Operational security is a real thing. I'm sorry you just don't get it.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
It's above your ability to comprehend. I'm not going to try to explain this anymore when it's obvious you only have the comprehension skills of a brick wall. Operational security is a real thing. I'm sorry you just don't get it.
Guys super secret thing i noticed out here, the Cowboys are going to play the linebacker they used a 1st round draft pick on at linebacker. This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Guys super secret thing i noticed out here, the Cowboys are going to play the linebacker they used a 1st round draft pick on at linebacker. This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.
Middle, will, strongside? Which LB position are you revealing to us he will be playing? How good is that info?

waving monkey

Reaction score
I've said this before. Parsons needs to shut up. If the media can see where he is playing and reports it, that's one thing, him being assigned a position and then him telling the world is another. Any information he gets from the coaches at this point needs to be treated as classified. Loose lips sink ships.
so your saying other teams arent going to know where the best defensive player on the team is positioned?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
so your saying other teams arent going to know where the best defensive player on the team is positioned?
No, that's not it at all. You are oversimplifying it. When the Cowboys play, they will be putting on tape a great deal of information including where in the defensive formations, Parsons will be playing. The information will get out there, but the team doesn't need Parsons's help to get that info out there. That's not his job. He can talk to the media without revealing such things. People that don't get this simple principle are the ones that get so frustrated when they can't get information from coaches like Bill Belichick. It's because he is practicing operational security and you don't get it.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I've said this before. Parsons needs to shut up. If the media can see where he is playing and reports it, that's one thing, him being assigned a position and then him telling the world is another. Any information he gets from the coaches at this point needs to be treated as classified. Loose lips sink ships.
Wah

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Because the secret is out now, the less they treat it as one the less obvious it is what was really just revealed. Duh!

So the Cowboys are making it less obvious by publishing an article that states very clearly in the title that he’ll be playing middle LB in minicamp?

conner01

Reaction score
That's not what I'm saying at all. Scouts and wannabe scouts alike are going to see the games. All I'm saying is let them, let that be how information about the Cowboys is discerned rather than having this rookie shooting his mouth off.
I don’t see the big deal
Everything he talked about will become obvious the second camp starts if the coaches hadn’t already talked about it
I doubt the staff has a problem with him talking about what position he’s gonna play since he was the first pick and it was obvious to everyone he would be MLB

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So the Cowboys are making it less obvious by publishing an article that states very clearly in the title that he’ll be playing middle LB in minicamp?
Why are you paraphrasing what I say? Once the cat is out of the bag why advertise where it came from?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That's not what I'm saying at all. Scouts and wannabe scouts alike are going to see the games. All I'm saying is let them, let that be how information about the Cowboys is discerned rather than having this rookie shooting his mouth off.

I understand your basic point, but I don't think he was shooting his mouth off, and the fact that he's playing Mike LB isn't much of a secret.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t see the big deal
Everything he talked about will become obvious the second camp starts if the coaches hadn’t already talked about it
I doubt the staff has a problem with him talking about what position he’s gonna play since he was the first pick and it was obvious to everyone he would be MLB
The coaches haven't talked about it. That's my point. It's not Parsons's job to talk about it either. He obviously has not had the degree of media training that coaches have received.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I understand your basic point, but I don't think he was shooting his mouth off, and the fact that he's playing Mike LB isn't much of a secret.
Just remember you didn't hear it from the coaching staff. You heard it from a rookie player. He'll get more media training.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

LMAO at you trying to justify that ridiculous statement by questioning my intelligence. I apologize if I hit a nerve. I’m sorry but maybe the media shouldn’t have seen it either and published.