Twitter: Parsons moving to DE

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The majority of the time, they will be in the nickel, pretty sure Lve and even Cox is ahead of Jaylon against the pass. Actually like a DC who thinks outside the box and plays the best players. If Lve is better then Armstrong why force the latter on the field. Not worried about Parsons playing in essence the Leo position.
You don’t think Armstrong is playing Gregory’s spot? We can crap on Jaylon on this forum but he is ahead of Cox right now. To be honest I think he is ahead of LVE. I bet when the defense starts off Jaylon will be the middle linebacker next to Neal. Jaylon/LVE appear to be on the same level according to the number of plays they were in last week. Your love for LVE is getting a little over the top.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should just run a 3-4 front.

I think putting Parsons hand in the dirt isn’t smart. Plus, now this guarantees Smith starts and plays the entire game.

Parsons was a DE before Penn State. So it’s not like he’s moving to a position he never played. However, he wasn’t facing 300+ offensive lineman that are in the NFL
Hopefully it opens up a spot for Jabril Cox to play a lot more snaps .
I thought Armstrong was some supposed stud? Lol… the LAC are throwing out a backup RT— if our backups can’t beat their backups— then, well, we suck

Agree with just playing more 3-4. We are short on DL, long at LBer— so just dip more into the 3-4 playbook and let Micah and Basham rush as OLBs— LVE and Neal as inside backers.

Lastly, why do we announce these moves before the game? Why not at least help Micah a bit by leaving a little element of surprise? Lol…

Can't play Nickel from a 3-4 alignment...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This sounds like more Jaylon which means…..:eek:

running-target-on-my-back.gif

JBond

Reaction score

I love it! Get your best players on the field. I have been a Parsons fan since before the draft. Time for him to put on his big boy pants. Hopefully the work with DWare will pay off.

dcstar

Reaction score
Mr Parsons needs to play linebacker. He has a lot to learn about playing at the professional level. Cut his teeth early so maybe by half way through the season he is a bit mo savy.

The Dallas Cowboys front office is paying other dudes millions of combined dollars to play that position...let'em do it.

Go Cowboys!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't mean more Jaylon.

Fixing one problem and creating a possibly bigger one is not ideal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me, but I'm guessing coaches have seen enough in practice to make the switch. Think about it, here's a rookie LBer who leapfrogging a couple of backup DEs to START. You don't make/experiment with this type of move for an entire game unless you believe it will work.

BTW .........this could be the beginning of the end of DLaw's career as a Cowboy IMO

Daillest88

Reaction score
Would be great if Parsons balls out and Cox comes in and does the same. I don’t want jaylon out there. LVE, just watching the game that man looks slow

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Would be great if Parsons balls out and Cox comes in and row the same. I don’t want jaylon out there. LVE, just watching the game that man looks slow
Yeah, I noticed LVE last week still seemed a bit "off" and a little slow. Not sure what's going on with him. Does he still have some kind of lingering injury? I just don't know. :confused:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Shout-out to the young goat for changing his position in a few days notice, for the betterment of the team.

I hope a certain coddled guard, takes notice

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

IF this is true then its really sad. It means they have zero confidence in their backup DE's.

But the worst part is that it means a heavy does of Jaylon Smith. That is gong to destroy our run defense.

pansophy

Reaction score
It puts a 245 linebacker at the point of attack against a 300 + pound tackle . This is a head scratcher . At LB he reads reacts might even drop back in coverage . In all the time LVE has been here never once heard of putting him at DE to “ help out “ .
Perhaps more 3-4 looks today.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You don’t think Armstrong is playing Gregory’s spot? We can crap on Jaylon on this forum but he is ahead of Cox right now. To be honest I think he is ahead of LVE. I bet when the defense starts off Jaylon will be the middle linebacker next to Neal. Jaylon/LVE appear to be on the same level according to the number of plays they were in last week. Your love for LVE is getting a little over the top.
Jaylon/Lve will still be the base LB's, but Lve is expected to replace Parsons in the nickel, not Jaylon. Lve actually can cover where Jaylon is a major liability due to his physical limitations.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon/Lve will still be the base LB's, but Lve is expected to replace Parsons in the nickel, not Jaylon. Lve actually can cover where Jaylon is a major liability due to his physical limitations.
LVE had a 70% completion rate on him last season. Like Jaylon the Cowboys take him off the field in passing situations. Don’t be blind, the Cowboys think equally about them.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Thanks Rob for drafting Taco over the beast TJ Watt sincerely Cowboys fans. lol.
Crazy our guys are dropping like flies. Could Micah Parson be von miller? stay tuned.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
This means our LB play goes to **** with Smith and LVE playing more
Eww Jaylon and LVE. I rather go with Neal and Cox. lol. I rather have rookie making rookie mistakes then vets making rookie mistakes. And Jaylon has no agility. That leg might not be right and may never be.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Based on game footage review, they really like the "threat" of Parsons as an edge rusher.
- I say threat because he does not always rush when lined up on the edge.
- It makes reading the defense more difficult for offenses because Parsons might be anywhere after the snap.

If Parsons played DE full time he would definitely be better than Anae/Armstrong/Basham, IMO and probably not a liability against the run.
- I don't think it would be the best utilization of his diverse skillset, but he could do it.
- Parsons has an uncanny ability to play with leverage against OLinemen despite the weight difference.
- He has an intuitive "feel" for hitting them just when they're taking a step which can get them off-balance.
- There was a run play in the 4th quarter of the Bucs game where Parsons shoved the 338 pound LT back by more than arms length and then stepped inside to hit the RB.
- Randy Gregory was 235 pre-draft but has never been a liability against the run. He the best run defender of the quality edge rushers in his draft class.

Appreciate your thoughts thank you.