Twitter: Parsons playing basketball

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
As long as he's not playing tons of games as in a league, and as long as he's taping up his ankles well, there is nothing wrong with Micah playing a game or two of basketball. He just needs to be careful.

By the way, where was he playing at?

CWR

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy, but it always concerns me when guys play basketball in the off season. It's a notoriously brutal sport for lower body injuries.

Like the prior poster said, hopefully he's taping his ankles and what not. Back in the day basketball shoes used to actually offer ankle support. Not so much anymore.

Motorola

Reaction score
As long as he's not playing tons of games as in a league, and as long as he's taping up his ankles well, there is nothing wrong with Micah playing a game or two of basketball. He just needs to be careful.

By the way, where was he playing at?
Hate to be that guy, but it always concerns me when guys play basketball in the off season. It's a notoriously brutal sport for lower body injuries.

Like the prior poster said, hopefully he's taping his ankles and what not. Back in the day basketball shoes used to actually offer ankle support. Not so much anymore.
IIRC , back n the '70s, a few Cowboys stars formed a team that would travel around the state to play games, with the proceeds from attendance and concessions going to charity.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

Maybe back in YOUR day, in my day it was Converse All Stars. ; )

Hardline

Reaction score
I can't remember who it was but there was a RB that got a career ending knee injury playing touch football on a beach during the off-season

Motorola

Reaction score
Parsons played varsity basketball in high school- so we can surmise the sport has long been part of his life just like football. Many players in the league participated in other sports at that level; a few did so in college.
An athletic endeavor that no doubt helps keep him in shape. Of course there's a risk involved- but injuries can happen to a player doing agility driils or weightlifting.
Rather Parsons be in the gym than lounging on the couch eating bon-bons all day;)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure a good idea. In the early 70's, I went to a basketball game for charity. Between Browns and Bengals players.
One of the Bengals player tore an Achilles Tendon during the game and missed the season. He was a starting OL also (I think). Can't remember his name, Pat was his first name, think last name started with an M. I will need to look it up.

Maybe I was bad luck though, as he came up to me before the game and asked why I had on a Dallas Cowboys shirt. I said, oh I like the Bengals also. He said smart kid. 2 of my other Brothers had on Bengals, and the 3rd had on a Browns.
I was in 7th grade.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Seen this on Twitter the other day. Beginning not to be a fan of the guy any longer being he loves publicity. He rented that court out for a few hours. Hopefully there's no cameras if he ever goes to the bathroom. Rest assure, someone will Tweet/post it.

Motorola

Reaction score
Not sure a good idea. In the early 70's, I went to a basketball game for charity. Between Browns and Bengals players.
One of the Bengals player tore an Achilles Tendon during the game and missed the season. He was a starting OL also (I think). Can't remember his name, Pat was his first name, think last name started with an M. I will need to look it up.

Maybe I was bad luck though, as he came up to me before the game and asked why I had on a Dallas Cowboys shirt. I said, oh I like the Bengals also. He said smart kid. 2 of my other Brothers had on Bengals, and the 3rd had on a Browns.
I was in 7th grade.
It seems that was something a number of NFL teams allowed back then.

terra

Reaction score
At least he isn't going to Cabo the week before a playoff game.
as has been shown over the years, that meant nothing. Only morons still harp on it. Tom Brady several times took vacations during the bye week.
But of course for those morons that think this is important they have no explanation.

terra

Reaction score
It is a risk; no doubt about it. But boys will be boys.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Seen this on Twitter the other day. Beginning not to be a fan of the guy any longer being he loves publicity. He rented that court out for a few hours. Hopefully there's no cameras if he ever goes to the bathroom. Rest assure, someone will Tweet/post it.
:facepalm: