Parsons working with a boxing trainer for cardio and handwork

Hardline

Reaction score
"Cowboys' Micah Parsons is dedicating his off-season to improving his hand skills. He is focusing on honing his hand-eye coordination and quickness, which will not only benefit him in the ring but also on the football field. By working on his boxing hands, Parsons aims to improve his overall athleticism, speed, and agility. This training could help him become a better defender by enhancing his ability to react quickly and effectively to opposing players. Ultimately, Parsons' dedication to improving his skills demonstrates his commitment to excellence both on and off the field". {****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** Sports)

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That dude wants to be an all time great so bad…. That’s what teams didn’t know about him before that draft: That he loves to play football and that he wants to be the very best. As competitive a player as I’ve ever seen. Competes literally at everything.

If you have an elite athlete that is built that way between the ears and works at it…you’re going to get a great player.

Hardline

Reaction score
That dude wants to be an all time great so bad…. That’s what teams didn’t know about him before that draft: That he loves to play football and that he wants to be the very best. As competitive a player as I’ve ever seen. Competes literally at everything.

If you have an elite athlete that is built that way between the ears and works at it…you’re going to get a great player.
Every defensive player should be right there with him doing what he is doing.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Not only will it develop good reflexes with his hands, but he will learn balance, leverage and footwork. Also, boxing is great cardio. Those guys have to be in incredible shape to last 12 rounds without passing out.

fivetwos

Reaction score

The “scouting reports” on him coming out of PSU made me jaded on those forever moving ahead.

“Lacks football instincts, immature,” something about a locker room incident.

Quite possibly the most inaccurate of all time.

Other than being a little too chatty on twitter for my taste, the guy is all you’d ever want in someone to root for.

Creeper

Reaction score
I did some boxing in college and it was harder cardio than jogging a few miles.
When I was younger I used to hit a heavy bag for exercise. It is exhausting. I cannot imagine fight 12 3 minute rounds. That's why those scenes in the movies where two guys fight for what seems like 10 minutes non-stop are kind of ridiculous.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Better hands, more weight and strength. Micah's doing all he can to make himself a better football player. Hand technique is so important for those who play in and around the trenches. The new and improved Micah Parsons will be fun to watch ;)

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
When I was younger I used to hit a heavy bag for exercise. It is exhausting. I cannot imagine fight 12 3 minute rounds. That's why those scenes in the movies where two guys fight for what seems like 10 minutes non-stop are kind of ridiculous.
I couldn't ever go much more than 5 rounds without exhaustion and this was when I was young and in shape (or so I thought).

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I do have some concerns when I hear these rumors that MP is moving to exclusive DE.
If true then it takes away part of his game, and availability in certain packages, MP has the ability to attack
an OL from various positions sets, and looks. Thats what makes him special and why Im concerned from rumors floating around that tie him to full time DE.
Im not buying any of it, would be stupid to try and change what MP does naturally better than anyone in the league, leave him alone and let him do his thing.