Pass Rush Takes Center Stage

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There has to be a way to set these young players straight. Gregory and Irving need to do themselves and the team right by cleaning up their personal lives. It's really frustrating for everyone.

I agree. You sign that contract and become a member of a team you have made a commitment to them and need to be accountable to your team. I get that players will suffer injuries that are no fault of their own but these off the field incidents can be avoided. I hope Gregory has put all of his issues to rest and can be a reliable player for this team. Irving in back to back season has let this team down

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
I agree. You sign that contract and become a member of a team you have made a commitment to them and need to be accountable to your team. I get that players will suffer injuries that are no fault of their own but these off the field incidents can be avoided. I hope Gregory has put all of his issues to rest and can be a reliable player for this team. Irving in back to back season has let this team down
:hammer:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I felt the exact same way. Let's hope we were both wrong.

ONe more setback and he is banned for life. I just dont see him having a long career. At some point, he will probably slip up. So lets just say hes sober for 2 years we depend on him and right in the middle of a SB run he gets suspended again. Wont be good.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
ONe more setback and he is banned for life. I just dont see him having a long career. At some point, he will probably slip up. So lets just say hes sober for 2 years we depend on him and right in the middle of a SB run he gets suspended again. Wont be good.
Some people can change. The problem is that most with issues like this cant. I don't like the odds, when going out on a limb and investing too much in players like this. When he is due for a new contract, I have to wonder what the terms would be. I guess we'll cross that bridge when it gets here, if it ever gets here.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
I can’t remember the last time I was genuinely this excited and optimistic for an upcoming season.
Change can do wonders and god knows there has been plenty of change. I actually think it's been good change for the most part.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some people can change. The problem is that most with issues like this cant. I don't like the odds, when going out on a limb and investing too much in players like this. When he is due for a new contract, I have to wonder what the terms would be. I guess we'll cross that bridge when it gets here, if it ever gets here.

Im definitely rooting for the kid. One hell of a talent. Sadly, he could be the difference in us being a SB team at some point. Haley of sorts.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak has been great against the pass rush since he has been here.

I'd have been disappointed if you hadn't found that unacceptable. It wasn't meant as a criticism, even if you saw fit to take it that way. In other words, according to you, you seem to be saying there's no room for him to improve.

I'm just saying, the more pass rush we muster in practice, the more he'll get used to it. I think his awareness will improve, even if it's just incrementally.

Romo worked on every facet of his game throughout his career -- I see no problem with Dak doing the same, regardless of whether he's already good or not. Even Brady does that. That is a big part of why he's as good as he is now.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'd have been disappointed if you hadn't found that unacceptable. It wasn't meant as a criticism, even if you saw fit to take it that way. In other words, according to you, you seem to be saying there's no room for him to improve.

I'm just saying, the more pass rush we muster in practice, the more he'll get used to it. I think his awareness will improve, even if it's just incrementally.

Romo worked on every facet of his game throughout his career -- I see no problem with Dak doing the same, regardless of whether he's already good or not. Even Brady does that. That is a big part of why he's as good as he is now.

Definitely room to improve. Grow, better recognition, reading defenses, mechanics. All part of maturation for a young QB.