Patrick Peterson & Cardinals parting ways

Gaede

Reaction score
Ummm, is he better than what we had last year?

Most definitely.

Seriously. You guys are messed up. We go through this absolutely wretched, god awful year and you still turn your noses up at him because he's not a 24 year all pro coming in on a 500k a year deal.

Oh, and when we end up re-signing Chido and still sucking this year, you'll be the first to complain that the team didn't do anything in free agency.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Ummm, is he better than what we had last year?

Most definitely.

Seriously. You guys are messed up. We go through this absolutely wretched, god awful year and you still turn your noses up at him because he's not a 24 year all pro coming in on a 500k a year deal.

Oh, and when we end up re-signing Chido and still sucking this year, you'll be the first to complain that the team didn't do anything in free agency.
Agreed.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Have no fear Zoners. Little Stevie is already working on a honest offer consisting of $50, free parking, all you can eat tacos and a 10% discount at the merch store
Stephen will sign Peter Patrickson, free agent CB to a minimum deal instead.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This same argument people made when we lost out on Eric Weddle to the Ravens.
How many probowls did he make after that?
I don't know, how many FA;s fail to produce at the same level they did with their old team? What FA, except for Glover, has delivered in Dallas?

Dre11

Reaction score
I don't know, how many FA;s fail to produce at the same level they did with their old team? What FA, except for Glover, has delivered in Dallas?

Columbo, Carr, Quinn other than that they don't sign highly productive FAs from other teams
name a highly productive player from other teams we signed.

Creeper

Reaction score
Peterson was once a great CB, but from what I saw of him last season he was not very good. Being only 30, I don't think he should be finished physically yet. He must have something left in the tank. Terence Newman played until he was 105.

T-RO

Reaction score
PFF scores

Aging is clear to see w/PP

2018:82.5
2019:68.6
2020:55.2

Very, very few corners are good in their 30's.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw him in several games this year and he literally was getting picked on. His play is definitely nowhere near what it once was. And the likelihood is that he isn't going anywhere cheaply. I don't see him as a likely candidate here at all.

superonyx

Reaction score
Have we signed many free agents who were not the bargain bin types that every other team passed on?

of course we are not expecting prime Patrick Peterson but if we do nothing we will end up with practice squad level players in the secondary. I’d rather give Peterson the money than Chido.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
PP is a worse CB than Chido at this point but will likely command more money on a short term deal based on name.
Pro Football Focus has Peterson ranked as the 13th-best free agent cornerback.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
What is the fascination with 30 year old DBs? That is a position where most of all you want youth.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Wow he’s only 30?

Id kick the rocks here and see if a change of scenery helps him

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Two questions any team should always ask themselves. One, why isn't his present team keeping him? Two, ask question one again.

This is a team fighting in a division with the Rams that just upgraded at QB and the Seahawks with Wilson and a good Niners team wrecked with injuries and they're letting their award winning CB walk? What do they know that others may not know?
Mickey? Is that you?