Patrick Surtain the next Revis

acer941

Reaction score
I’ve watched every Alabama game for the past Decade or so and I’m willing to bet my next years Salary that Patrick Surtain will become a Star.

Kid has been drilled on Technique & Fundamentals since he could walk (His exact words). His father was a NFL CB so it makes sense.

Even in the CFP game against Notre Dane. The Head Coach for the Irish said he has told his QB all week to never throw at Surtain no matter what and they didn’t except 1Time when Surtain almost got the Interception. The Commentator even pointed out that Surtain was trying to Bait ‘Book(IrishQB) into passing his way.

The Kid is special, and would transform our Secondary. Add Him & a Safety = our Secondary massive improvement, also can’t forget Diggs with a year under his belt and healthy.

Thoughts?

Side Note: Surtain has Started at CB since Day1, walked onto Alabama Campus.

conner01

Reaction score
I’ve watched every Alabama game for the past Decade or so and I’m willing to bet my next years Salary that Patrick Surtain will become a Star.

Kid has been drilled on Technique & Fundamentals since he could walk (His exact words). His father was a NFL CB so it makes sense.

Even in the CFP game against Notre Dane. The Head Coach for the Irish said he has told his QB all week to never throw at Surtain no matter what and they didn’t except 1Time when Surtain almost got the Interception. The Commentator even pointed out that Surtain was trying to Bait ‘Book(IrishQB) into passing his way.

The Kid is special, and would transform our Secondary. Add Him & a Safety = our Secondary massive improvement, also can’t forget Diggs with a year under his belt and healthy.

Thoughts?

I wouldnt compare to a proven pro bowler
But he will be a day one starter and will be a very good CB in the nfl

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Dude looks like he was born to play corner. He's a stud! I would love him in Dallas. That annoying wanna be scout Jeff Cavanaugh says Horn will be better, I'd rather take my chances with Surtain.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I think you’re right. Panthers Broncos eagles all can use corner
Those were the teams that I thought of when I saw the draft order. If Parsons, Surtain, Farley are not there ( assuming Lawrence and Sewell) are gone then I am all for trading down if the trade is good.

Thrill99

Reaction score

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Here's the problem: "Surtain almost got the Interception". We need dudes in the d-backfield who get turnovers. At the same time, I wouldn't have any problems if we end up with him.

Knotamus

Reaction score
That annoying wanna be scout Jeff Cavanaugh says Horn will be better, I'd rather take my chances with Surtain.

Jeff Cavanaugh also guaranteed Michael Gallup was going to be good.. I find him annoying too, but he’s been more right than wrong with his prediction. Just giving credit where credit is due.

Farley or Surtain for me tho

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That annoying wanna be scout Jeff Cavanaugh says Horn will be better, I'd rather take my chances with Surtain.

Cavanaugh has been sneaky good the past few years.

He's got a bit of shtick going .."Team 40 Burger" and "Captain Trade Down" but he's been right on prospects a lot lately.

Also, I like Horn a lot BUT do not think he's better than Surtain.

For me, it's 1A Farley, 1B Surtain, 3 Horn, and then a big margin before Kendrick and the 2 Georgia Corners. Asante Samuel Jr. is really good, just smallish.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh also guaranteed Michael Gallup was going to be good.. I find him annoying too, but he’s been more right than wrong with his prediction. Just giving credit where credit is due.

Farley or Surtain for me tho
He also said Woods was gonna be a stud.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Speed is the only question with Surtain, cause his tape is absolutely bulletproof. I think he has more PBUs than receptions allowed this season. So if he runs a 4.4 40, he's likely the first defender off the board. If he runs in the 4.5s, things get more interesting.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Thoughts?

Just stop it!! Are you a Bama fan? Why compare Surtain who hasn't played 1 snap in the NFL to a future Hall of Famer? There is no doubt he is a high floor player, but many believe he has limited upside. Lack of long speed, average ball skills, some question his tackling in the run game. A lot of the same negatives were heard about Diggs, outside of the ball skills. The most common player comp is Bryon Jones. As we know a quality starter, but not a all-pro type.

I believe Surtain will be a quality player on the next level and would love to have him, but don't see a future superstar on the next level as Revis was. Let's see how he performs tonight against a legitimate test, which Notre Dame was not.