Patriots surpass Cowboys in all-time playoff victories

Brax

Reaction score
36 all-time playoff victories for them. 35 for us.

20 years ago we had 32 and they had 7.
But Jerry keeps saying he has a superbowl team. Thanks for the last 20 years Jerry

CPanther95

Reaction score
There was a day long ago (mid 1990s) where the Cowboys owned every single record that mattered like that - Playoff victories, Winning %, Superbowls, etc etc

Fast forward 23 years later, and I'm actually surprised to find out the Cowboys still held any of these records anymore.

This is one they didn't own. The Patriots just passed the Cowboys, but they need to win the Super Bowl to pass the Steelers.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Awful. That completely irrelevant franchise from a part of the country that produces no football talent gets saved by an unproven HC and a 6th rd draft pick......unbelievable

Actually they got saved by an owner who understands that he shouldn’t screw with a good thing. The Dallas Cowboys suffer because at some point some sorry moron told Jerry Jones that he had a sound football mind. What you saw yesterday was what having great coaching does for a team. Look at who the Patriots have on defense and tell me how they are able to get that sort of consistent pressure on the QB?

fifaguy

Reaction score
36 all-time playoff victories for them. 35 for us.

20 years ago we had 32 and they had 7.

Yep, most of our great records are from the now distant past. Hats off to Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, and their great teams...

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Shows just how far we’ve fallen when you’re encouraged by 3 trips to the playoffs in 5 seasons with two wins.
The Pats arn’t the only team we lag this century.
Well yes,I meant us in general in the league about them failing miserably over this span. It’s embarrassing to not have won a divisional round game since the 90’s,and doesn’t get enough attention to that fact. But I think you could say encouraged,or optimistic is apt when going 3 out of the last 5,instead of the 1-2 out of every 5 pace they were stuck in prior. That’s a postive trend,and honestly all we can ask with Dallas being Dallas for two decades. I’ll still complain about it,but long as we are a more frequent flier,then I can live with the circus.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well they should. They have been to the playoffs for the last 50 million years. If brady don’t retire he will break records in and for playoffs that will never be broken. Lol.

pansophy

Reaction score
I guess I understand why Dallas is so hated then. 5 Super Bowls in the last 8 years and they just now surpassed us --- and I'm so done with the Patriots I would be happy if they never won another game and their plane crashed landing in Atlanta.

Just saying...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Guess that is what happens when you win 3 playoff games the last 25 years. sad

aria

Reaction score
Who cares about these records? I’m more concerned with the present not the past.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Well yes,I meant us in general in the league about them failing miserably over this span. It’s embarrassing to not have won a divisional round game since the 90’s,and doesn’t get enough attention to that fact. But I think you could say encouraged,or optimistic is apt when going 3 out of the last 5,instead of the 1-2 out of every 5 pace they were stuck in prior. That’s a postive trend,and honestly all we can ask with Dallas being Dallas for two decades. I’ll still complain about it,but long as we are a more frequent flier,then I can live with the circus.
To me next season will tell me whether the arrow is pointing up or down.

Our last four trips to the playoffs have been followed with a season where we failed to reach the playoffs.

In addition the last two seasons where we actually won a playoff game we followed that with seasons so bad we ended with a top 10 draft pick.

So what will it be next year?

More of the same or a breakthrough?

jsb357

Reaction score
But Jerry keeps saying he has a superbowl team. Thanks for the last 20 years Jerry

Even Al Davis' team has a superbowl appearance this century and he's been in the ground several years.