Patriots surpass Cowboys in all-time playoff victories

perrykemp

Reaction score
It actually a testament to how stunningly great the Cowboys were for a very long time that it took until 2019, despite 22 years of mediocrity, for another team to pass them in playoff victories.

risco

Reaction score
36 all-time playoff victories for them. 35 for us.

20 years ago we had 32 and they had 7.

We're number three now behind the Steelers and Patriots. The amazing thing is it took twenty three years for that to happen... 23 years and 3 playoff wins for us... Wow!!!! Imagine if were able to have gone to 3 or 4 more super-bowls during the past 23 years?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Have to give credit where credit's due...

tumblr_mwshh4t1pC1sp0ltyo1_250.gif

The Bellichick-Brady era has been and is the stuff of legend.

I don't have to like it. But I have to admit it.
:hammer:

CPanther95

Reaction score
It actually a testament to how stunningly great the Cowboys were for a very long time that it took until 2019, despite 22 years of mediocrity, for another team to pass them in playoff victories.

The Steelers passed them in 2016.

blumayne38

Reaction score
This era of football “the goodell era” will forever be known as the tuck rule, spygate, deflate gate, wife beating cover up, referee point shaving, 1 team league poop show that it is l...the nfl is pathetic as of late and Romo should have at least been to a NFC championship but yet Nick Foles wins a super bowl lmao we saw him in philly for years and he was trash. All of a sudden he is Tom Brady it’s bull. The XFL start yet?

Zordon

Reaction score
This era of football “the goodell era” will forever be known as the tuck rule, spygate, deflate gate, wife beating cover up, referee point shaving, 1 team league poop show that it is l...the nfl is pathetic as of late and Romo should have at least been to a NFC championship but yet Nick Foles wins a super bowl lmao we saw him in philly for years and he was trash. All of a sudden he is Tom Brady it’s bull. The XFL start yet?
You forgot Dez Caught It. Purposely destroyed Romo's moment.

ICP

Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me, the Patriots run has been amazing. On the other hand the Cowboys last 20 years have been pathetic

kwcool619

Reaction score
Who cares about these records? I’m more concerned with the present not the past.

Not learning from the past has created the present with this organization. Our offense is still in the 1990's (past) and not being on par with today's offenses (the present).

aria

Reaction score
Not learning from the past has created the present with this organization. Our offense is still in the 1990's (past) and not being on par with today's offenses (the present).
Lol, yeah, I get what you’re saying. I was a history major in college and still read tons of history books but as a sports fan (not coach or owner) I like to live in the present. So much has changed that records will continue to be broken due to different circumstances. The athletes today are freaks compared to back in the day, the offensive strategies have recently changed (a lot of QB’s passing records will be broken), the baseball steroid era, goalie pads in NHL have become smaller to help with more goals being scored...I dunno, I’ve just never personally held most sports records too close to the heart.

Edit: There’s also several other factors which is why I never got giddy over Zeke’s rushing records. O line, the fact he carried the ball more than any other top RB, play calling, other players on offense...it’s a nice little “feather in the cap” but other than that I really don’t think it means as much for the individual as it does for the team as a whole.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
Actually they got saved by an owner who understands that he shouldn’t screw with a good thing. The Dallas Cowboys suffer because at some point some sorry moron told Jerry Jones that he had a sound football mind. What you saw yesterday was what having great coaching does for a team. Look at who the Patriots have on defense and tell me how they are able to get that sort of consistent pressure on the QB?

Could it have anything to do with their (new) defensive coordinator and their head coach?

kwcool619

Reaction score
Lol, yeah, I get what you’re saying. I was a history major in college and still read tons of history books but as a sports fan (not coach or owner) I like to live in the present. So much has changed that records will continue to be broken due to different circumstances. The athletes today are freaks compared to back in the day, the offensive strategies have recently changed (a lot of QB’s passing records will be broken), the baseball steroid era, goalie pads in NHL have become smaller to help with more goals being scored...I dunno, I’ve just never personally held most sports records too close to the heart.

Edit: There’s also several other factors which is why I never got giddy over Zeke’s rushing records. O line, the fact he carried the ball more than any other top RB, play calling, other players on offense...it’s a nice little “feather in the cap” but other than that I really don’t think it means as much for the individual as it does for the team as a whole.

Well explained. Now I understand where are you coming from.