Paul Finebaum on ESPN radio today talks Lincoln Riley Dallas Cowboys future

RS12

Reaction score
Heard Paul Finebaum on Golic and Wingo today, also Stephen A Smith: On Golic and Wingo he said he was "100% certain that Riley would be coaching the Dallas Cowboys this time next year". He was asked the question by Golic and Wingo. On Stephen A Smith without prompting he said "he would be shocked if Riley wasn't the head coach in Dallas after this season". Take it FWIW, gotta think Finebaum has his share of contacts.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is this guy Jimmy Johnson 2.0? Is he a genius on offense like Tom Landry was? If so, I'm on board. ;)

He has epic play designs that translate to the Pro's but you never know until you know.

I feel like a decent coach that can get the Cowboys out of their own way would be better then anything right now.

The best gameplan against Dallas is just play conservative and hope Dallas implodes. It works.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
He's turning Jalen Hurts into a Heisman candidate.

That takes some doing.

Okay, that is something. He's had a few good College QBs, a pretty impressive record(29-4 as a HC is what I've found)..but his teams seem to fall short of the big ones. 0-2 in bowl games and 0-2 in the Playoffs.

I just have seen his name thrown about over the last couple of years, and literally had no idea why folks are obsessed with him

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think if Garrett doesnt get us at least the the NFCCG, this the direction we go.

I think Jerry wants to win big one more time before he passes. Before his extension, Payton was probably the top candidate as he could have gotten out of his NO deal. With him out, I think Riley becomes the top candidate

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Is he a leader of men? Dont need a Chip Kelly here scared to talk to grown men because he cant control them like college teens
He’s like 37 years old so he relates to the players. Scared of what contacts he has on defense to bring in. He’s never had a good one at OU.

And Kliffs offense in Arizona hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire with Lincoln’s protege