Paulescu will cost us

jr40usa

Reaction score
i can't believe our coaches could not found a better punter than this guy. He is terrible. We can always bring in another punter plz do it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a smart roster move would be to bring in another punter who can actually hold for field goals/extra points.

That way you can improve at punter and get rid of dead weight Johnson.

I'm sure there's got to be someone out there.

A win-win scenario.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
The guy gots the leg strength of a pop warner punter, but he's very good at kicking the ball on an angle.

We've been pretty spoiled with McBriar, man is he huge in the battle of field position.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Tenkamenin;2425737 said:
The guy gots the leg strength of a pop warner punter, but he's very good at kicking the ball on an angle.

We've been pretty spoiled with McBriar, man is he huge in the battle of field position.

Exactly.

One, it's not a given that better punters are out there. These guys are on the street for a reason. And two, Paulescu is pretty good at the coffin corner punts. He actually reminds me a little of Feagles for the Giants... He'll never boom it like McBriar, but he makes up for it by being really good at pinning the other team deep when he has a chance.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jr40usa;2425726 said:
i can't believe our coaches could not found a better punter than this guy. He is terrible. We can always bring in another punter plz do it.

Like who. There are 32 other guys who beat him out for NFL spots.

Whoever we get is going to be crap.

Everyone you get will be like him, totally inconsistent.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
could agree with you guys more here that guy is awful im going to go outside and see if i can beat 34 yards if so im still young(23) so the cowboys can sign me for the long term lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think he is doing an avg job. his longest punt is 60 yards. Considering you picked the guy up in the middle of the season he is not doing a bad job. Lastnight both punters were dealing with wind condition which had some what of a negitive effect.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
royw3141;2425780 said:
could agree with you guys more here that guy is awful im going to go outside and see if i can beat 34 yards if so im still young(23) so the cowboys can sign me for the long term lol

They were hitting punts into a pretty stiff wind. If you recall Washington missed a 46 yard FG that was hit down the middle but the ball once it got up in the air died. So go ahead go out hand the punt high into the wind and see what kind of punt you can get.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425792 said:
I think he is doing an avg job. his longest punt is 60 yards. Considering you picked the guy up in the middle of the season he is not doing a bad job. Lastnight both punters were dealing with wind condition which had some what of a negitive effect.

IDK if he's been average maybe Mcbriar set the bar high?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jr40usa;2425726 said:

He hasn't been incredibly bad and the winds last night had a lot to do with the poor punts.

He can get good distance on the ball but he doesn't get nearly enough hangtime.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2425805 said:
IDK if he's been average maybe Mcbriar set the bar high?

I have a feeling that is Why McBriar is a pro bowl punter. :laugh2: Paulsecu is an avg punter that is about what you will find out on the streets. I think his distance is farily avg and he hang punt fairly high to allow his cover guys to get down field. Lastnight both punters had an issue with wind and it showed in both punters avg.

jcr

Reaction score
Yeah since there is plenty of pro bowl punters waiting on the streets.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The average between a top 10 punter one of the worst in the league is like 3-4 yards per punt. Is that really much to care about?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Mitch Berger's hamstring woes are behind him, I think he'd be an upgrade.

And he can hold for extra points and field goals!

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Maybe Ray Finkle can punt.

s665049880_3599.jpg

Laces out Dan!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425803 said:
They were hitting punts into a pretty stiff wind. If you recall Washington missed a 46 yard FG that was hit down the middle but the ball once it got up in the air died. So go ahead go out hand the punt high into the wind and see what kind of punt you can get.
People forget this point right here. And the skin fans were blasting Suisham for missing a 46 yarder going into a heavy wind, dumb fans there.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
you cant punt in that type of weather,

the swirling winds and all

very hard to do, you did see the ball die on the field goal by the Commanders?

enough said, the punter for us is very decent,

Reaction score
jr40usa;2425726 said:

as soon as our offense gets into sync we wont have to worry about him too much:starspin

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
CATCH17;2425810 said:
He hasn't been incredibly bad and the winds last night had a lot to do with the poor punts.

He can get good distance on the ball but he doesn't get nearly enough hangtime.
living in the NE, I can tell you that the winds were very strong last nite.