Pederson in 2nd Yr Has Advanced Farther Than Garrett In 8. How Can This Be?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Bad coach, trash heap assistants, mediocre GM, and contracts signed which got the Cowboys in salary cap hell. It has taken 3-4 seasons to rebound from the salary cap mess. And the Cowboys still have to deal with Dez Bryant, hopefully a pay reduction.

Zman5

Reaction score
I am confused, the Garrett supporters have told me repeatedly that the "process" of building a team "the right way" takes years and years and years before you can play in an NFC Championship Game.

Pederson in his second year on the job is hosting the dam thing................how can this be:huh:

Dann Quinn took over the Falcons that went 4-12, and 6-10 two seasons before he was named HC. He went to the SB in his 2nd year. It looks like the process is shorter for other teams.

ghostdog

Reaction score
The idea that Dak basically took off the offseason is ridiculous.
Is that what your take away was? Laughable. I thought the OP gave Dak too much credit. And you have to admit he did a bunch of ads.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The team was very satisfied with itself ... Dak instead of working on his game and hiring a Tom House type guy did Commercials instead. It came to easy last year and everyone seemed to think it would be automatic to do again . Even Zeke did it as well ... He looked fat and a bit slower this year. The Oline and Zekes play masked a lot of Daks issues and they got overlooked because of a great year and him being ROY. After teams figured out to shut down Zeke some and take away the bootleg , Dak was forced to do more then he was ready for . Also it was over looked how simple the playbook was , how much Tony Romo in Daks ear helped along with other things.

The good thing is Dak can fix the most of the issues he does have . He has the talent , the athletic ability and smarts. He needs to get some help this offseason and also get some of the team together to workout in the summer. If he has the drive to improve himself , Dallas will be just fine if team Drafts good and gets a couple good FAs . ALso big problem I always see with Dallas is , the hold on to players way to long . Its great to be loyal to players ... but its business and loyalty does not win games.

Whether or not some agree on Dak being the future or a franchise type of QB for the Cowboys. He works hard on his game and does not care more about doing commercials than he does about being a good QB. Just because he took endorsement deals, doesn't mean he spent all off season working on commercials, while not working on his skill set as a QB.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Give me a break with the excuse that Garrett didn't inherit any talent. He inherited a team that went 11-5 and won a playoff game the year before. He inherited Romo, Ware, Witten, Dez, Sean Lee, Newman, Church, Hatcher, Spencer, and plenty of other good players (including Tyron, if you're going to claim Pederson inherited Wentz). Nobody said that team was undetalented when they started 7-4 before collapsing to 8-8.

It's nothing but pure excuse-making for the Red Fraud.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
OMG man. How much time do you need to develop a decent football team. Jason has had plenty enough time to accomplish his task. With our annual 8-8 record, we have had the ability of drafting decent talent. Our coaching staff cant coach up players. This results in a stunted talent pool.
Guess we are hoping the 23rd year is the charm.

khiladi

Reaction score
I thought this season exposed Garrett. He convientely had the Zeke suspension for another excuse. Guy is untouchable. Jerry loves his lap dog. All of these games show how far Dallas is from doing any damage. Watching the Cowboys play is like watching paint dry. No tempo on offense. No aggression on defense. Just a sheet sandwich with sheet spread and sheet bread

Best description of the style the Cowboys play..

khiladi

Reaction score
The lack of aggression on both sides of the ball is such a great point. We are a reactive team, especially on defense.

It’s downright depressing we have to go through another season with the same head coach and coordinators.

We can’t find an opponents weakness and systematically attack it.. of course the Pats benefitted last night from the calls the first half, but in the second they just systematically kept getting matchups of Edelman and other WRs on the LBs the whole game for same crossing routes over the middle on no huddle.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Guess we are hoping the 23rd year is the charm.
Unfortunately, At some point we’ll probably stop referring to it in such a manner it will be so long.

At 75 it’s not likely Jerry is going to get better. I wonder if he’s going to be our GM well into his 80’s? Does he really believe that’s going to provide us our best opportunity for success?

This streak could run for 30-40 years.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Unfortunately, At some point we’ll probably stop referring to it in such a manner it will be so long.

At 75 it’s not likely Jerry is going to get better. I wonder if he’s going to be our GM well into his 80’s? Does he really believe that’s going to provide us our best opportunity for success?

This streak could run for 30-40 years.
You're killing me.

RS12

Reaction score
Im watching this Steeler/Jags game. Calis Campbell was available. Why didnt we pick him up? This guy is a force and more importantly, he is a leader that is respected by his team mates.
Jersy not a big seller.

kevm3

Reaction score
It's time to focus on the defense. We've dumped tons of resources into the offense and yet no significant victories.

GenoT

Reaction score
Name another NFL team that would hire Jason Garrett to be their HC.

QBC, okay; OC, possibly...but NO ONE’S gonna hire JG as an NFL HC, ever again.

Jason Garrett: the Harvard man’s Wade Phillips.