Pederson in 2nd Yr Has Advanced Farther Than Garrett In 8. How Can This Be?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Name another NFL team that would hire Jason Garrett to be their HC.

QBC, okay; OC, possibly...but NO ONE’S gonna hire JG as an NFL HC, ever again.

Jason Garrett: the Harvard man’s Wade Phillips.
IDK.. I don’t think anyone expects much success with Jerry.

And Garrett was offered HC at Atlanta and Baltimore.

There’s usually 8-10 HC open each year we might be surprised.

Mannix

Reaction score
------I guess we have a nicer stadium?

I wish it would fall down....ZERO home field advantage!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I am confused, the Garrett supporters have told me repeatedly that the "process" of building a team "the right way" takes years and years and years before you can play in an NFC Championship Game.

Pederson in his second year on the job is hosting the dam thing................how can this be:huh:
I’ve never seen anyone say that. Fake News.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I am confused, the Garrett supporters have told me repeatedly that the "process" of building a team "the right way" takes years and years and years before you can play in an NFC Championship Game.

Pederson in his second year on the job is hosting the dam thing................how can this be:huh:
And it only took Switzer 1 year to win a Super Bowl.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
It's simple... We had to face the best QB in the league with a rookie QB, while PHI had choke artists Atlanta Falcons to beat .. When Garrett get's as lucky as that, then we can have a conversation ..

Don't ask me about previous years ... there are two words for that -> Tony Romo

:cool:

DCowboyz

Reaction score
This is the best year to make the playoffs in the NFC. It's the easiest road to the SB. Next season won't be as easy. We're just cursed.

GenoT

Reaction score
IDK.. I don’t think anyone expects much success with Jerry.

And Garrett was offered HC at Atlanta and Baltimore.

There’s usually 8-10 HC open each year we might be surprised.

He’d been offered HC at Atl and Balt, but that was before he took over here and underwhelmed.

While I agree Jerry isn’t a peach to work for, Garrett isn’t gonna get it done...and success is what matters on the resume.

One wildcard win in 7 full seasons wouldn’t be acceptable to any owner except maybe Cincy’s Mike Brown.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’d been offered HC at Atl and Balt, but that was before he took over here and underwhelmed.

While I agree Jerry isn’t a peach to work for, Garrett isn’t gonna get it done...and success is what matters on the resume.

One wildcard win in 7 full seasons wouldn’t be acceptable to any owner except maybe Cincy’s Mike Brown.
It might be in Cleveland for example . Just saying. There are worse situations .

Jason is only one year removed from COY and a miraculous play by Rodgers to knock them out of championship game.

My hunch is the league respects Garrett more than some Cowboy fans.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

Why don't you and your eagle pals get together and count Vinny's.

Have someone help you cause Dallas has more than 2. You'll struggle after that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Peterson inherited much better talent than JG. No doubt he did, and the front office traded/acquired Jernnigan, Darby, Ajay, and Jeffries, and there might be someone I missed.

Just like wonder boy in LA inherited some great players from Jeff Fisher, but got much credit anyway.

JG was here during an overhaul of the roster AND cap hell caused by our front office. He has under delivered results at times without a doubt, but it ain’t fair to compare the two scenarios.

Doug Marrone in Jacksonville was interium head coach last year and his first full season on the job he has the Jags in the AFC Title Game.

Oh, let me guess..............Marrone inherited amazing talent with the J-ville Kitties so its not fair to compare to poor Garrett:rolleyes:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why don't you and your eagle pals get together and count Vinny's.

Have someone help you cause Dallas has more than 2. You'll struggle after that.

I need help to count past the number 2:huh:

Personal attacks and insults are against the rules bro..............maybe you need a timeout

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
If we want to really for sorry for ourselves we think of what Romo could've done with a real coach.

canters

Reaction score
Doug Marrone in Jacksonville was interium head coach last year and his first full season on the job he has the Jags in the AFC Title Game.

Oh, let me guess..............Marrone inherited amazing talent with the J-ville Kitties so its not fair to compare to poor Garrett:rolleyes:
No silly, his FO got him some talent this year. I seem to have been maligned as a JG apologist. Let me say this and be clear: I KNOW THAT JG IS NOT A GREST COACH. I WATCH THE SAME GAMES EVERYONE ELSE DOES. MY POINT IS THAT OUR TALENT WAS OVERRATED AND WHEN YOU MIX IN A SUSPENSION HERE AND INJURIES THERE, YOU GET A 8-8 TEAM AS A RESULT. There were many moving parts to our demise. There, I feel better.

I was not yelling at anyone above, unless you think I was yelling, then I was.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's simple... We had to face the best QB in the league with a rookie QB, while PHI had choke artists Atlanta Falcons to beat .. When Garrett get's as lucky as that, then we can have a conversation ..

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Gator88

Reaction score

plz-stop-post.jpg

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I need help to count past the number 2:huh:

Personal attacks and insults are against the rules bro..............maybe you need a timeout
You need a time out for false impersonation of of a Cowboy fan.

If nailed it and your offended......I apologise.

Oh yeah....what do one legging mean?

Last edited:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Also, one big reason for their success on defense is they value the DT position. We don't. Those are just as important if not more important than edge rushers. QBs can step up and side step edge rushers many times. DT's cause a lot of havoc in the run game and good one can put pressure right up the middle where QBs hate. There is no escaping that kind of pressure on a consistent basis. But instead, we get junk off other teams that they don't want anymore and think Marinelli is some genius and a miracle worker.
You are the smartest man alive...