"Pedigree" and Jake Ferguson

Pass2Run

Reaction score
So, I was watching film on Jake Ferguson last night, and the dude is just a gamer. He's not the fastest guy in the world. But he does a great job in the blocking game, and he's a big target who's always open.

On top of that, I assume he's been playing all of his life, because his grandfather is Barry Alverez, a former head coach at Wisconsin, who also played there. Jake's brother was also a safety at Wisconsin.

This is something I wasn't aware of. That, combined with his game tape, gives me a lot of confidence that Ferguson may have been one of our more underrated picks when it's all said and done.

Looking forward to watching Ferguson step into our bully ball style of offense and contribute from year one.

Guy has some serious potential to be a consistent contributor.

conner01

Reaction score
He uses his body well to block out defenders in the passing game a bit like Witten did
He’s not Witten but he plays smart like Witten did
If you ain’t fast you can still be a target if you use your body to block out the defender
As said, he just a football player
On paper he may not have all the measurables but on the field he gets the job done with effort and smarts

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Looks like JAG to me. You can get away with making him your TE2 but you're definitely looking to upgrade if he's TE1.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
no bats...i didn't.:)
i was 4 when he died.
never got to see him live.
but on film...many times.
Understood.

It's funny you said that. I was 7 when he passed away in August of '77. That summer, my grandparents had taken my twin brother and I for the first time to AstroWorld in Houston. My grandparents (especially my grandmother) loved listening to Elvis, and I remember watching Elvis on TV many times as a young kid. My grandparents had told my brother and I they had plans to take us with them the following summer of '78 in hopes to visit Graceland and hopefully get to see Elvis perform live in concert. Sadly, Elvis passed away that summer of '77.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Understood.

It's funny you said that. I was 7 when he passed away in August of '77. That summer, my grandparents had taken my twin brother and I for the first time to AstroWorld in Houston. My grandparents (especially my grandmother) loved listening to Elvis, and I remember watching Elvis on TV many times as a young kid. My grandparents had told my brother and I they had plans to take us with them the following summer of '78 in hopes to visit Graceland and hopefully get to see Elvis perform live in concert. Sadly, Elvis passed away that summer of '77.
thank you for that story.
i wish i had gotten to see him in person.

Hardline

Reaction score
Good consolation prize for missing out on Woods. McBride.Otten and Kolar.

DanA

Reaction score
He looks like a really good no.2 TE to me. He was utilized in a variety of blocks and was generally very effective, he also had great hands, but I didn't notice much in the way of route running and it didn't seem like he was much threat on clear passing downs. Most of what he did well came from blocking or faking a block before a short passing route.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Have heard differing takes on this guy… some say he is an A+ blocker, some that say he isn’t.

When we drafted Schultz he was supposed to be a great blocking TE and we all see how that turned out lol

In listening to the kid— he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and is by all accounts a hard nosed, hard working player.

We won’t know what we have until the pads come on— but if he can block? Our offense will definitely improve

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
So, I was watching film on Jake Ferguson last night, and the dude is just a gamer. He's not the fastest guy in the world. But he does a great job in the blocking game, and he's a big target who's always open.

On top of that, I assume he's been playing all of his life, because his grandfather is Barry Alverez, a former head coach at Wisconsin, who also played there. Jake's brother was also a safety at Wisconsin.

This is something I wasn't aware of. That, combined with his game tape, gives me a lot of confidence that Ferguson may have been one of our more underrated picks when it's all said and done.

Looking forward to watching Ferguson step into our bully ball style of offense and contribute from year one.

Schultz will be getting franchise money this season--$10m, and so I feel Ferguson can come in and eventually replace Schultz with a little better blocking skill than Schultz. That's all Dallas needs. Dallas uses their TE primarily as a run blocker or secondary receiver, not a featured receiver like some teams. Ferguson can fit that role, and on his rookie contract.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

He knows what it takes to be successful in sports it sounds like.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Can't wait for Third & Ferguson
qkaS1L0.gif

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

He can’t be much slower than witten