People need to stop wishing our talent away

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We haven’t had a back like Zeke since Emmitt. People keep acting like we can win with any back. I guess you can survive with a mediocre back, but I’ll take the stud player any day. Obviously we have a cap, but the line is set for years so they should try their best to keep these triplets together for at least 5 years.

Dak has had a tremendous start to his career and will keep getting better. People that act like he’s a bum are nuts.

Lets win a superbowl before we start talking about breaking up the team.
Last year Zeke was a high volume middling efficiency runner.

Let's stop comparing him to one of the best running backs of all time.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
That's debatable.......depends on the offensive system you run. Don't always agree with Broaddus but he nailed it last week asking what ONE RB is replacing Zeke 2000 yards that impacts over 50% of our offense. As he put it, don't give him two or three but ONE.
This is stupid. Why do you need a single rb? The NFL is moving away from the prehistoric workhorse rb mentality.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
OMG MAN!!! VERY COOL STORY. Bet you won't ever forget that day,right.. LOVE seeing someone like you who truly loves fishing for those big ole hogs lol...When I was in my teens I would prolly go catfishing 3 to 4 days out of the week in or pond at the time...right after school...I would be fishing. Now I am much older,have health issues,so my stamina and so forth doesn't really allow me much time for it. Very cool story tho man.
Ive experienced death I would say twice in my life, this Mekong was the 2nd, the first was from foolishness, both times river related. Floating down a flooding river in San Antonio and getting sucked over a water fall... "stinky falls" was the name. The vortex created at the point of the 10 foot drop had me trapped under water, I was lucky and got shot out.
Never under estimate the power of moving water.

Hadenough

Reaction score
:clap:Some posters have made ( or tried ) a case to let DLaw, Dak, Zeke, Coop, and Jones walk rather than giving market value second contracts. Yet they still talk about winning a Super Bowl.....with what if you follow their plan? Strange thinking for sure IMO.

When I go down that list of players I think they all deserve to be paid. But the sticker shock is has caused me to look at performance compared to other players in the NFL.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
what is amazing is the team that year after year continues to be in the superbowl and win and always competes for a championships like the cowboys of old never has any of these kind of problems with players they just keep replacing with same or better players looks like there front office maybe be looking ahead for two or three years with the cowboys its always something every year that throws a wet blanket on the season

ksadler1

Reaction score
I never understand that train of thought. We draft players hoping they turn into studs.... but when they do, Studs also get paid.
Our draft picks turn into the stud we hoped for, and then people dont want to pay them and say let em walk?????? WTH

There's a team in this league that never lets any player hold them hostage over the all mighty $$, yet they always contend and are very successful. They plug and play almost every year. Yes, they have a great QB and HC, but someone in that organization sold their soul to the devil because what they do just doesn't make sense and no other team has been able to duplicate what they do. This team can win without a Tom Brady. What it can't do is win without a great coach. In that area, Jerry & Co is failing miserably. Speaking of coaches, they constantly lose them too, but still keep wining...

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
We haven’t had a back like Zeke since Emmitt. People keep acting like we can win with any back. I guess you can survive with a mediocre back, but I’ll take the stud player any day. Obviously we have a cap, but the line is set for years so they should try their best to keep these triplets together for at least 5 years.

Dak has had a tremendous start to his career and will keep getting better. People that act like he’s a bum are nuts.

It's really the media reporting that EzE is going to hold out. I don't think anyone here wants to see talent like that leave the team.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Agree.

Its amazing to see some of the negative comments on here about Zeke.

People actually think we can win with RB by committee. We saw how well that worked after Dez left.

Pay the guy what an elite RB is worth and get back to winning football games.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That's debatable.......depends on the offensive system you run. Don't always agree with Broaddus but he nailed it last week asking what ONE RB is replacing Zeke 2000 yards that impacts over 50% of our offense. As he put it, don't give him two or three but ONE.

Hawk, why would we need just one RB?

I don't see any advantage to using one back. You can become more efficient with backs that specialize in certain facets(think Pat's and Colts). It lowers risk of injury to lead back. And doesnt grind you lead back down throughout the year keeping him fresh.

Am I missing something Hawk?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Agree.

Its amazing to see some of the negative comments on here about Zeke.

People actually think we can win with RB by committee. We saw how well that worked after Dez left.

Pay the guy what an elite RB is worth and get back to winning football games.
They'll be the first to bash Dak and the team if this offense doesn't do anything without a star RB.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazing, just amazing.
All the internet bullies giving out the insults to the players, but I bet not a one would say it to the players face.

I have yet seen anyone give real plan from their internet GM desk, or couch or wherever, some in their moms basement. Give a plan that has ever been better than what the team actually does. Yes could have drafted this player or that player, signed this guy or that guy. Let this one go or not.
But it seems like many on here, the usuals and those that agree with them to be cool, really don't know how to run a team or a practice.

I know I don't and will not pretend I do. I may disagree on the draft at times, or other moves. But I get over it, and still root for the players on the team as well as I coaches. I am not a Garrett fan, but I will support him, as his players do.
I am not 100% sold that Dak is the franchise QB, but I see where he could be.

Zeke is the best RB in the NFL, a top player, he makes this team go. Do I wish he would calm it down off the field, yes, he just needs to be smarter. But I am not hating the guy or calling him names. He has not done anything really when you look at it. He has not been arrested, but many act as if he is a piece of crap. Bottom line, he has not been arrested. But yet those that want to call names will do so.

They can sign all 3 and it will still work out. They have the cap under control, far better than when Garrett 1st took over as HC. It strapped the team back them. But I don't see it being an issue going forward.
I will root for the team regardless of the players. I was a Dez fan, but when he was released, I was over it, and time to move on. Just as any other player.
If they do not resign Zeke, and they move on, yes, I will be disappointed but I will get over it. Just as well, once he is resigned, I will be glad.

This team has not lost one player in FA that went on to win big elsewhere or even help that team in a big way. Bennett was a by product in NE's SB win. He did drop a game winner though. LOL.

So now, it is just :popcorn: time :laugh:.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There's a team in this league that never lets any player hold them hostage over the all mighty $$, yet they always contend and are very successful. They plug and play almost every year. Yes, they have a great QB and HC, but someone in that organization sold their soul to the devil because what they do just doesn't make sense and no other team has been able to duplicate what they do. This team can win without a Tom Brady. What it can't do is win without a great coach. In that area, Jerry & Co is failing miserably. Speaking of coaches, they constantly lose them too, but still keep wining...
Dont speak to me about the patriots. Tom Brady jacks up any argument you have for plug and play.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
hey typhus..I always wondered, is that you in the signature holding that catfish? I would LOVE to go noodling for Cats. That one in the pic looks like it could fight back...a bit scary lol, dunno if I would want to stick my hand in its mouth, I might lose it .
Cern one of my friends that post here. Has a ranch in Texas. The guy is a true Outdoorsman. You should ask him questions like this also.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Let's get to a conference championship game before we start anointing the current roster.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
People that are saying we can't pay this person or that one are the same people saying this one or these ones need to take team friendly deals. Or trade this or that blah blah blah. Their also some of the same people mad that Irving retired and could've made millions. What I'm saying is there's a lot of confused individuals on this board.

Beaker42

Reaction score

I don’t think the vast majority of fans wish that, it seems the players start wishing themselves away at some point.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hawk, why would we need just one RB?

I don't see any advantage to using one back. You can become more efficient with backs that specialize in certain facets(think Pat's and Colts). It lowers risk of injury to lead back. And doesnt grind you lead back down throughout the year keeping him fresh.

Am I missing something Hawk?

Oh, I agree unless that back is a Zeke, Barkley or Bell. As one OC tweeted a while back, playcalling/play design is much easier with 3-down RB. You are not giving away tendencies when defensive know can't use him in protection or as a receiver.
Q, I'm willing to bet if you survey every defensive coor in the league to name the Cowboy offensive that scares them the most, 100% will say Zeke. This tells me every DC game plan starts with stopping Zeke he STILL has led the league rushing 2 of his first years. Other words, he's that good. In fact, let me ask you this......as GM of the Giants, would trade or let Barkley walk ( providing he stays healthy) when his rookie deal expires. Some fans/posters may disagree but this team is built around Zeke, not Dak.