People need to stop wishing our talent away

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Amazing, just amazing.
All the internet bullies giving out the insults to the players, but I bet not a one would say it to the players face.

I have yet seen anyone give real plan from their internet GM desk, or couch or wherever, some in their moms basement. Give a plan that has ever been better than what the team actually does. Yes could have drafted this player or that player, signed this guy or that guy. Let this one go or not.
But it seems like many on here, the usuals and those that agree with them to be cool, really don't know how to run a team or a practice.

I know I don't and will not pretend I do. I may disagree on the draft at times, or other moves. But I get over it, and still root for the players on the team as well as I coaches. I am not a Garrett fan, but I will support him, as his players do.
I am not 100% sold that Dak is the franchise QB, but I see where he could be.

Zeke is the best RB in the NFL, a top player, he makes this team go. Do I wish he would calm it down off the field, yes, he just needs to be smarter. But I am not hating the guy or calling him names. He has not done anything really when you look at it. He has not been arrested, but many act as if he is a piece of crap. Bottom line, he has not been arrested. But yet those that want to call names will do so.

They can sign all 3 and it will still work out. They have the cap under control, far better than when Garrett 1st took over as HC. It strapped the team back them. But I don't see it being an issue going forward.
I will root for the team regardless of the players. I was a Dez fan, but when he was released, I was over it, and time to move on. Just as any other player.
If they do not resign Zeke, and they move on, yes, I will be disappointed but I will get over it. Just as well, once he is resigned, I will be glad.

This team has not lost one player in FA that went on to win big elsewhere or even help that team in a big way. Bennett was a by product in NE's SB win. He did drop a game winner though. LOL.

So now, it is just :popcorn: time :laugh:.

Good post ........

kskboys

Reaction score
We haven’t had a back like Zeke since Emmitt. People keep acting like we can win with any back. I guess you can survive with a mediocre back, but I’ll take the stud player any day. Obviously we have a cap, but the line is set for years so they should try their best to keep these triplets together for at least 5 years.

Dak has had a tremendous start to his career and will keep getting better. People that act like he’s a bum are nuts.

Lets win a superbowl before we start talking about breaking up the team.
Why? You don't think people have the right to think the way they want to think? It's not like "wishing away our talent" has any effect on the team.

kskboys

Reaction score
There's a team in this league that never lets any player hold them hostage over the all mighty $$, yet they always contend and are very successful. They plug and play almost every year. Yes, they have a great QB and HC, but someone in that organization sold their soul to the devil because what they do just doesn't make sense and no other team has been able to duplicate what they do. This team can win without a Tom Brady. What it can't do is win without a great coach. In that area, Jerry & Co is failing miserably. Speaking of coaches, they constantly lose them too, but still keep wining...
They have me bamfoozled.

No way any other team can run their personnel like this. That takes a rare talent like Bellychickens.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Agree.

Its amazing to see some of the negative comments on here about Zeke.

People actually think we can win with RB by committee. We saw how well that worked after Dez left.

Pay the guy what an elite RB is worth and get back to winning football games.
Yes because we lost in 2015 because of our rb situation...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Oh, I agree unless that back is a Zeke, Barkley or Bell. As one OC tweeted a while back, playcalling/play design is much easier with 3-down RB. You are not giving away tendencies when defensive know can't use him in protection or as a receiver.
Q, I'm willing to bet if you survey every defensive coor in the league to name the Cowboy offensive that scares them the most, 100% will say Zeke. This tells me every DC game plan starts with stopping Zeke he STILL has led the league rushing 2 of his first years. Other words, he's that good. In fact, let me ask you this......as GM of the Giants, would trade or let Barkley walk ( providing he stays healthy) when his rookie deal expires. Some fans/posters may disagree but this team is built around Zeke, not Dak.
He LeD tHe LeAgUe In RuShInG!

Left unsaid.... He had the most carries.

Left unsaid he was a replacement level runner last year.

Left unsaid he appears no longer able to break long runs or break tackles at an elite rate as he did in 2016.

Left unsaid is the hope he's going to magically get better as he ages and puts more miles on his body.

Left unsaid he's been a top 5 paid player at his position since he entered the league.

kskboys

Reaction score
Amazing, just amazing.
All the internet bullies giving out the insults to the players, but I bet not a one would say it to the players face.

I have yet seen anyone give real plan from their internet GM desk, or couch or wherever, some in their moms basement. Give a plan that has ever been better than what the team actually does. Yes could have drafted this player or that player, signed this guy or that guy. Let this one go or not.
But it seems like many on here, the usuals and those that agree with them to be cool, really don't know how to run a team or a practice.

I know I don't and will not pretend I do. I may disagree on the draft at times, or other moves. But I get over it, and still root for the players on the team as well as I coaches. I am not a Garrett fan, but I will support him, as his players do.

Zeke is the best RB in the NFL, a top player, he makes this team go. Do I wish he would calm it down off the field, yes, he just needs to be smarter. But I am not hating the guy or calling him names. He has not done anything really when you look at it. He has not been arrested, but many act as if he is a piece of crap. Bottom line, he has not been arrested. But yet those that want to call names will do so.

They can sign all 3 and it will still work out. They have the cap under control, far better than when Garrett 1st took over as HC. It strapped the team back them. But I don't see it being an issue going forward.
I will root for the team regardless of the players. I was a Dez fan, but when he was released, I was over it, and time to move on. Just as any other player.
If they do not resign Zeke, and they move on, yes, I will be disappointed but I will get over it. Just as well, once he is resigned, I will be glad.

This team has not lost one player in FA that went on to win big elsewhere or even help that team in a big way. Bennett was a by product in NE's SB win. He did drop a game winner though. LOL.

Amendola.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Oh, I agree unless that back is a Zeke, Barkley or Bell. As one OC tweeted a while back, playcalling/play design is much easier with 3-down RB. You are not giving away tendencies when defensive know can't use him in protection or as a receiver.
Q, I'm willing to bet if you survey every defensive coor in the league to name the Cowboy offensive that scares them the most, 100% will say Zeke. This tells me every DC game plan starts with stopping Zeke he STILL has led the league rushing 2 of his first years. Other words, he's that good. In fact, let me ask you this......as GM of the Giants, would trade or let Barkley walk ( providing he stays healthy) when his rookie deal expires. Some fans/posters may disagree but this team is built around Zeke, not Dak.
agree to disagree

kskboys

Reaction score
Amazing, just amazing.

I'm not understanding the relevance of the bolded.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We haven’t had a back like Zeke since Emmitt. People keep acting like we can win with any back. I guess you can survive with a mediocre back, but I’ll take the stud player any day. Obviously we have a cap, but the line is set for years so they should try their best to keep these triplets together for at least 5 years.

Dak has had a tremendous start to his career and will keep getting better. People that act like he’s a bum are nuts.

Lets win a superbowl before we start talking about breaking up the team.

Are you sure cause since his rookie year its been looking pretty bleak for DAK..........we cannot afford to lose talents like Zeke,Byron,Jaylon,Coop to give Dak a contract only reserved for franchise QB not bus drivers!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That was part of the reason, yes. Not having a QB, of course, was much bigger.

Our rushing attack in 2015 was good, from every conceivable measure.

The most important being:

So while it wasnt as good as previous years, it was still a strong until with Randle and McFadden being the two main contributors.

Now for our pass offense we were dead last in many measures, the most important being pass DVOA
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2015

Our rushing game in 2015 gave us a chance to win as it was top 10 in the league and better than the rushing game with Zeke in 2018.
Our passing game was dead last and was the reason we lost in 2015.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
One thing not mentioned enough

Zeke is obviously is depreciating asset that has already shown signs of slowing down.

While Dak is about to enter his QB prime years and going up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ive experienced death I would say twice in my life, this Mekong was the 2nd, the first was from foolishness, both times river related. Floating down a flooding river in San Antonio and getting sucked over a water fall... "stinky falls" was the name. The vortex created at the point of the 10 foot drop had me trapped under water, I was lucky and got shot out.
Never under estimate the power of moving water.
DAMN...good post. WOW.

Rayman70

Reaction score
WE cannot pay all 3 players max deal all in the same year. Zeke must wait his turn..Dak and Coop is happening sooner rather than later. The one guy we may lose is Byron Jones..its worth keeping an eye on.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So you're saying you could put Brady on any NFL team and he'd win a SB? Not buying it...
i wouldnt go that far, but all of you that just love, "The Patriot Way," I think are gonna get a real sour taste in your mouth when it comes to the patriot way when number 12 is no longer there.