Per a league source, Elliott return to the Cowboys is unlikely

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d be OK with a running back room of Pollard, Zeke, Deuce, and Hunter Luepke.

Let’s roll!

Toro9

Reaction score
He'll probably find a job. One more season, just probably not here. Honestly, I wish he'd just swallow his pride and retire. It's like Kurt Cobain said, "It's better to burn out than to fade away". He had a good career. There's no shame in calling it quits when you don't have it anymore.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fixed it for you....
1b573594-1551-4f90-a65e-15118a8f4c31_text.gif

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
He'll probably find a job. One more season, just probably not here. Honestly, I wish he'd just swallow his pride and retire. It's like Kurt Cobain said, "It's better to burn out than to fade away". He had a good career. There's no shame in calling it quits when you don't have it anymore.
Was Kurt Cobain in the movie Highlander?

I was certain it was Kurgan who said that line, I defo don't recall seeing any guitar players although it did have a brilliant soundtrack by Queen

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
i guess anyone can be a writer in today’s online world.

Here.. let me try…. ‘Breaking news…. NFL Insiders report Cowboys plan on getting all their draft picks signed.”
The NFL is so popular with the sporting public. Everyone is ranking the teams and predicting how they will finish before any organized workouts or practices. Many are ranking players by position already with emphasis on how the newly drafted players will fit in before these news guys are fitted for a uniform. And how many mock drafts do he already have for April 2024??

Many folks would say it all just fun. Something to talk about. But I personally like to wait until the preseason is well under way before i make team/roster decisions. And I will start thinking about the draft on Tuesday or Wednesday of draft week.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
i guess anyone can be a writer in today’s online world.

Here.. let me try…. ‘Breaking news…. NFL Insiders report Cowboys plan on getting all their draft picks signed.”
You can also get clicks by simply writing an article for each and every available player and claim the Cowboys "are interested" even when there is no credible evidence of such.

slick325

Reaction score
Let Tony Pollard cook. He is the RB1 this whole board wanted and the fans as a whole wanted.

Why is there so much angst about who RB2 will be or short yardage and goal line, if TP is as good and dynamic as he has shown? If he can't carry load and should be primarily used as a weapon who is load managed, then that will dictate what to do with him next offseason. He gets a long term deal around $6M/7M or they let him walk.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well I don't understand these new fangled fans either but # 3 leading rusher in franchise history deserves a little respect youngin.
There's a lot of longtime Cowboys fans that overlook Elliott's productivity in his 7 seasons with Dallas.
• 3rd in rushing yardage
• 3rd in rushing touchdowns
• 3rd in total touchdowns
• 5th in scoring

The holdout, coupled with the resulting contract, followed by his declining play his last two seasons - all factored in to Elliott becoming a "player non grata" as his time with the Cowboys has come to an end.
Same thing happened to Witten...and Bryant...and Ware.

Last edited:

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Let Tony Pollard cook. He is the RB1 this whole board wanted and the fans as a whole wanted.

Why is there so much angst about who RB2 will be or short yardage and goal line, if TP is as good and dynamic as he has shown? If he can't carry load and should be primarily used as a weapon who is load managed, then that will dictate what to do with him next offseason. He gets a long term deal around $6M/7M or they let him walk.
I don’t trust Pollard for the long term. I really like him at RB2. I hope he doesn’t disappoint at RB1