Percy Harvin retiring. Calling out the ridiculous writer

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Never thought Harvin was anything that special. Never put up big numbers even when healthy yet everyone thought he was one of the best players in the league.

+1.

Really never understood his hype either. He was more of a bells and whistle type of player. Nice guy to have on your team if you had a legit star player like Dez for him to play off of, even when healthy. He really wasn't a great deep threat either. But, if he was going against a #2 CB and didn't have help over the top he could present some problems and he was a good runner with the ball. But Dez always stood out to me as special. It was just a question of him having his head screwed on straight and for my money, he has done exactly that. Now we just need him back healthy and a coaching staff that wouldn't mind putting him in advantageous situations more often.

YR

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I guess I don't remember there ever being anyone here that was actually stupid enough to make the argument that we should trade Dez for Harvin.

Even R2A was never that stupid about Dez. At least I don't think he was.

erod

Reaction score
Harvin was a first-class jerk, too. Teammates hated him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well trading dez for a washed up wr is not a fair question.
how about would you trade dez for amari cooper. or antonio brown?? or some other
top wr ??

I think i would for either of the 2 above.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Never thought Harvin was anything that special. Never put up big numbers even when healthy yet everyone thought he was one of the best players in the league.

One year in Minny he had very special numbers until he got hurt. He was a legitimate MVP candidate. His body just couldn't hold up and he had a $.02 brain.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How do you all get over spell check and still type it as rediculious?

I had to force this misspelling.

Blimey! That is what I kept asking the old Gimme. All he would say was that it was artistic license as he stared at the tele and broke pecans between his knuckles. That bloke, if he ever comes back, needs a good talking to!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Percy Harvin was one of the deadliest players in the league in Minnesota. I wouldn't have traded Dez for him but there was a time when people felt Percy Harvin was one of the deadliest guys on the field.

Dude always had baggage.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
How do you all get over spell check and still type it as rediculious?

I had to force this misspelling.
Not aimed at the specific misspelling, just general trends...

american_education_motivational_poster_by_davinci41-d76u4iu.jpg

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Percy Harvin was one of the deadliest players in the league in Minnesota. I wouldn't have traded Dez for him but there was a time when people felt Percy Harvin was one of the deadliest guys on the field.

Sounds like Joey Galloway:D Everywhere but here:facepalm: Dang we got shafted in that deal. Harvin could never put up 1500 yards and 14 TDs as a #1 rather than being mainly a sparkplug niche player. He was athletically gifted and flashed elite speed but rarely was a "go to" guy either; 3rd downs, etc.