Perfection: 2,000 +1 and Counting!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Have you ever done something perfectly 2,000 times in a row? You know, every day kind of stuff … like tying your shoe. Or maybe bending over a football, and snapping it back 15-yards to a punter. Or bending over a football, and snapping it back 8-yards to the perfect spot for a holder to place the ball for a kicker to attempt a game-winning field goal.

Cowboys Deep Snapper L.P. Ladouceur continued his amazing streak during the 2018 regular season and postseason … a streak that ended in the Divisional Round of the playoffs at 2,001.

Ladouceur has snapped cleanly on 2,001 consecutive deep snaps (including postseason), a streak that began when he joined the Cowboys in Week 4 of the 2005 season.

Yeah, 2005 … that was DeMarcus Ware and Marcus Spears’ rookie seasons. Bill Parcells was head coach back then. The Cowboys wide receivers were Keyshawn Johnson and Terry Glenn.

What have you done without making a mistake since 2005? Heck, have you tied your shoes perfectly 2,000 times in a row? Or remembered to brush your teeth each morning and evening since August 2005? Have you backed your car out of a parking spot 2,000 times without bumping something, or backed it out of the driveway 2,000 times in a row without hitting a trash can or mailbox?

Ladouceur just completed his 14th season with the Cowboys. Only four players in team history have played more seasons with a star on their helmets: Ed “Too Tall” Jones, Bill Bates, Mark Tuinei, and Jason Witten. Each of those Cowboys’ legends played 15.

Ladouceur hopes to join that list of elite Cowboys, but now that the 2018 season/postseason is complete, he’s a free agent and no longer under contract with the Cowboys. He’s free to sign with the Cowboys or any other team in 2019.

https://www.5pointsblue.com/perfection-2001-and-counting/?sf206219002=1

CPanther95

Reaction score
No question. That's a potential headache you don't need to deal with.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Can’t see him leaving. There’s another aspect of his game but no one has mentioned it yet. He hustles down the field and makes tackles as well. He may be the best long snapper in the game at tackling. It is a no brainer that the Cowboys to sign him.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Serious question: how many bad long snaps were there across the league this season? I'll see a poor one occasionally, but I doubt there are more than a couple per team per season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wear slip on shoes, so I probably done that perfect for 2001 times. :laugh:

I woke every day, for 60 years. And as long as I wake up, it is perfect. So that is 21,900 days, not adding the extra days leap years, nor days since my last birthday. :laugh:

But so glad we have LP. We been blessed with LS. From Gesek to LP. I think there was a few years in there may have had someone different, and it showed.