Peter King (FMIA) observations on the pending 2020 season, as informed by his Fauci interview

Discussion in 'COVID Zone' started by _sturt_, May 10, 2020.

1. _sturt_

_sturt_ Well-Known Member

2,708 Messages
    2,620 Likes Received
  2. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    20,561 Messages
    30,076 Likes Received
    As much as we all want to see this upcoming 2020 season get underway, I don't see how it will work if more than 1 player becomes sick with this virus? It would shut down a whole team for a minimum of 2 weeks. And that's not taking into account if it happens again later on in the season? I honestly don't think this will work without a vaccine readily available.

3. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

4,662 Messages
    1,038 Likes Received
    We will have a season regardless

Air Force One likes this.
  4. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,977 Messages
    2,323 Likes Received
    Great info in the Fauci interview for anyone who may be going forward just assuming that September is so far off that the season is a certainty

Fastpitch Dad and BAT like this.
  5. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

3,944 Messages
    6,049 Likes Received
    We finally have a good coaching staff and we have had a great offseason. I truly think we could compete.

It’ll be a serious bummer if we don’t have a season.

pancakeman, DJordan23 and Stash like this.
  6. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

31,924 Messages
    13,491 Likes Received
    There will NOT be a season, me lads.

If there is one, it will begin in November or December then shut down after 2 weeks until physicals are done, tests are assessed, players are cashiered and new ones signed.

Then again:

Anybody for a 6-game season?
    A 6-team playoff with 3 from the AFC and 3 from the NFC crowned by a "Superb Bowl"?

Even if you empty the stands, ruffians, you'll still have over 100 blood- and saliva- and snot-slinging players colliding with each other on the field.
    And hundreds of broadcast crew dashing back and forth all over the stadium. Plus security to keep you Yahoo's away from an illegal look.

Blokes, In my mind the NFL will shelve 2020 and begin in earnest in 2021. After the vaccine comes. Jerry, can you hold on for another seadon? Dez, can you wait another year?

Don't cry for me, Argentina. Oh Hydaspes! The toll, the dilemmas, the wrath of nature!

DejectedFan1996, JBond, TonyS and 2 others like this.
  7. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

5,742 Messages
    7,223 Likes Received
    "Wrong."

Stash and Air Force One like this.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

27,700 Messages
    23,919 Likes Received
    Faucci is right, you got to test everybody before the game and anybody that test positive has to sit.

No way can you put an infected player on the field, you just cant do that.

So maybe the league expands the size of the roster to 60 or so to account for the possibility of 3-4 guys testing positive each week and not being able to play.

9. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

16,897 Messages
    11,412 Likes Received
    May be time to require shields on all player facemasks, gloves and modified mouthpieces.

It would be a start.

Refs & coaches would need similar face shields, masks and gloves as well.

Joe Realist and Beast_from_East like this.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

27,700 Messages
    23,919 Likes Received
    That's actually a good idea my friend, have better protective gear and the chance of transmission is lower.

11. krimson

krimson Member

51 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Exactly why I'm happy we signed Dalton. Prescott has been known to disregard social distancing rules. Having starting caliber backup QB could be huge for us this season.

Fastpitch Dad, WillieBeamen and csirl like this.
  12. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

31,924 Messages
    13,491 Likes Received
    Don't hate me because I am handsome and popular.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  13. AmericanCowboy

AmericanCowboy Well-Known Member

3,460 Messages
    5,149 Likes Received
    This guy has been pretty much wrong on everything and so hopefully he is wrong here.

14. Fizziksman

Fizziksman BanditHiro

4,776 Messages
    3,059 Likes Received
    100% a player or players are going to throw a massive party and get infected and that will be the end of it.

Rayman70 and America's Cowboy like this.
  15. _sturt_

_sturt_ Well-Known Member

2,708 Messages
    2,620 Likes Received
    Adam Schefter adds intel to the general discussion...

[​IMG]

16. RD21

RD21 Well-Known Member

298 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    What's an NFL season worth roughly 16 Billion dollars, or so ..?? Uh... yeah, we're gonna have a season.

There's all kinds of people screwed financially over all the nonsense going on but, this group of billionaires, & millionaires are gonna get theirs. Believe that. There will be a season.

BAT, Stash and StarMan2112 like this.
  17. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

3,333 Messages
    3,601 Likes Received
    Don't forget that most NFL owners are older people who are very scared about the disease. This will influence decisions.

18. mooseq

mooseq Well-Known Member

576 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    Hypothetically speaking, if Dallas made it to the super bowl vs the chiefs and Mahomes had to sit the game because he test positive .....how would you take that?

19. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    2,255 Messages
    1,888 Likes Received
    Funny how that interview focuses only on games, as far as I can tell. We have a whole training camp and preseason that should be happening soon which is much less self isolating and controllable than even games. The best possible scenario for the NFL is that they allow training camps, everyone shows up (which I think is debatable), and players contract the virus and get over it by the time the season rolls around. Most will be asymptomatic, a small portion will have serious symptoms, and one or two obese lineman may die from it. Coaches will have to be distancing and wearing masks.

That's the best case scenario. I don't see this season happening, but I also thought Troy Hambrick could replace Emmitt, so what do I know?

20. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Well-Known Member

2,410 Messages
    3,976 Likes Received
    Fauci is a crook with an agenda.