Peter King with Jerry about Det Roy Williams

Aven8

Reaction score
From Peter King on his MMQB

3. Dallas (4-1). Jerry Jones Sunday afternoon: "We have no plans to trade for a receiver before the trading deadline.'' No plans? So it's not going to happen? "No,'' he said. "No trade for a receiver.'' The deadline is a week from tomorrow. Detroit, looks like you're going to have to swallow Roy Williams in this lost season, or find someone else from which to get a low first-rounder or high two.

If this is true then Jerry is as blind as Wade. If he's not going to do it because he is worried about TO's psyche then shame on him. I really hope this is a smokescreen. Jerry will be going into the new stadium with another loss in the playoffs. Like I've stated before, Roy won't put us over the top, but he sure can help. If we don't make a move expect to see the same coverage and problems in the passing game for the rest of the year!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
it is going to have to come from DEFENSE...Jerry has spent a mint on this defense....if they do not start playing up to there paycheck/draft status...all the offensive weapons in the WORLD will not matter.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2312505 said:
it is going to have to come from DEFENSE...Jerry has spent a mint on this defense....if they do not start playing up to there paycheck/draft status...all the offensive weapons in the WORLD will not matter.

thats not true.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aven8;2312497 said:

3. Dallas (4-1). Jerry Jones Sunday afternoon: "We have no plans to trade for a receiver before the trading deadline.'' No plans? So it's not going to happen? "No,'' he said. "No trade for a receiver.'' The deadline is a week from tomorrow. Detroit, looks like you're going to have to swallow Roy Williams in this lost season, or find someone else from which to get a low first-rounder or high two.

If this is true then Jerry is as blind as Wade. If he's not going to do it because he is worried about TO's psyche then shame on him. I really hope this is a smokescreen. Jerry will be going into the new stadium with another loss in the playoffs. Like I've stated before, Roy won't put us over the top, but he sure can help. If we don't make a move expect to see the same coverage and problems in the passing game for the rest of the year!

Have you ever considered that no matter what the Lions might be saying publicly about what they would take, they might be saying something differently behind the scenes?

Have you ever considered that Jerry might be saying that in order to try and drive the trade price down?

Just something to think about.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2312497 said:

Last I checked, the Lions wanted DEMARCUS WARE and/or a package of FIRST ROUNDERS.

Yah-Jerry is a blind idiot.:bang2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2312527 said:
Last I checked, the Lions wanted DEMARCUS WARE and/or a package of FIRST ROUNDERS.

Yah-Jerry is a blind idiot.:bang2:

that was during the draft they wanted Ware for RW straight up. Now i think they are asking for a packaged deal or a first rounder.

Aven8

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2312517 said:
Have you ever considered that no matter what the Lions might be saying publicly about what they would take, they might be saying something differently behind the scenes?

Have you ever considered that Jerry might be saying that in order to try and drive the trade price down?

Of course I have...that's why I said I hope this is a smokescreen. But the way Jerry looked like his old self yesteday, kissing egos on the sideline, I could see him not wanting to disrupt anything with the team...which if that is true then shame on him!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2312517 said:

There was a farmer had a dog and bingo was his name-o.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aven8;2312538 said:
Of course I have...that's why I said I hope this is a smokescreen. But the way Jerry looked like his old self yesteday, kissing egos on the sideline, I could see him not wanting to disrupt anything with the team...which if that is true then shame on him!

Shame on you for Shaming him and shame on me for shaming you on shaming Jerry.

It's just a shame all the way around.

My ear just fell off.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2312547 said:
There was a farmer had a dog and bingo was his name-o.

I like it when you whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2312535 said:
that was during the draft they wanted Ware for RW straight up. Now i think they are asking for a packaged deal or a first rounder.

We NEED that 1st rounder next year-would love to use it on an ILB, NT, SS, or OL.

sacase

Reaction score
I am pretty sure Jerry cannot comment on players as that would be tampering.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2312538 said:

I don't see what all the controvery was when he MERELY gave Owens a pep talk.

Aven8

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2312551 said:
Shame on you for Shaming him and shame on me for shaming you on shaming Jerry.

It's just a shame all the way around.

My ear just fell off.

:lmao2:

Mash

Reaction score
I dont know what the hype is about Roy Williams of Detroit.....

I think he is a solid player but from watching yesterdays game...and others...he doesnt stand out....make his QB better....or IMHO a difference maker......his route running isnt that good and he isnt a deep threat.

So why is it again that we should give up the farm for him?

Yesterday was a pathetic showing from Roy....showing up his QB and then complaining all game long and pounting...

I'll pass on picking up a player like that IMHO

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
We should just ignore this subject until after the trade deadline as you're debating something we have very little real information on.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't know if RW will be here by deadline, I tend to think he won't be going anywhere till he becomes a FA next year, but I don't know that I believe that if the deal was a good one, and there to be made, that Jerry wouldn't do it.