Petition for a deep kicker

gmoney112

Reaction score
I love Folk, but we need a kicker that can boot that ball into the endzone. It'd be a band-aid for our terrible special teams if we can just take away the return altogether. Can't we just sign an MLS player with a big foot? I'm joking.... i think. Discuss

edit: fixed, thanks hostile. haven't had my coffee today!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Polk's a LB. Folk is the Kicker.

I know it was an honest mistake. Just helping.

links18

Reaction score
gmoney112;2425577 said:
I love Folk, but we need a kicker that can boot that ball into the endzone. It'd be a band-aid for our terrible special teams if we can just take away the return altogether. Can't we just sign an MLS player with a big foot? I'm joking.... i think. Discuss

I think Jose Cortez is looking for work......

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I mentioned this in the chatroom but I noticed when he kicks off he runs almost straight at the ball instead of to the side. Could that be why he doesn't get the distance? We know he has the leg to do it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I believe Folk can get it to the endzone. We just choose to kick higher than longer.

Maybe I am wrong but he has a planty strong leg - it does not make sense.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gmoney112;2425577 said:

edit: fixed, thanks hostile. haven't had my coffee today!
No sweat. Just like Skins fans having sex, no sweat.

links18

Reaction score
Can't we just teach the punter to kick-off? Punters used to kick-off all the time, but that practice seems to be on the decline in the league. That said, Paulescu hasn't been impressive. What happened to that Jay Ottovegio guy? I thought he was booming them deep in the pre-season?

davey999

Reaction score
A punter would help too. Paulescu was brutal last night.

adamknite

Reaction score
Hostile;2425605 said:
No sweat. Just like Skins fans having sex, no sweat.

What is up with you and all the sex references today?

:laugh2:

FCBarca

Reaction score
Yeah, mentioned this in another thread but Folk's kickoffs are pretty poor...He's a great FG kicker, obviously, but something is off on the way he launches those kicks...Can't imagine there's enough room on the roster to have 3 kickers (Including McBriar)...Maybe someone isn't giving Folk good tutoring on improving his kickoffs...Perhaps McBriar could do it?

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
FCBarca;2425674 said:
Yeah, mentioned this in another thread but Folk's kickoffs are pretty poor...He's a great FG kicker, obviously, but something is off on the way he launches those kicks...Can't imagine there's enough room on the roster to have 3 kickers (Including McBriar)...Maybe someone isn't giving Folk good tutoring on improving his kickoffs...Perhaps McBriar could do it?

Perhaps bring back Steve Hoffman to coach Folk. He's had a great deal of success finding kickers for the Cowboys in the past. Is he employed at the moment?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
adamknite;2425617 said:
What is up with you and all the sex references today?

:laugh2:
I'm happy, so I think of sex.

Then again, I think of it when I'm mad, sad, or indifferent too.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
If the Boys will pay for my flights I'd be happy to kick it through the Endzone for free. They can pay me league minimum if they want to but really, the offer stands.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TX_Yid;2425818 said:
If the Boys will pay for my flights I'd be happy to kick it through the Endzone for free. They can pay me league minimum if they want to but really, the offer stands.

go to VR and kick footballs at the coaching staff you might get a job that way....:D

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i remember we had a forum member post about asking how to get an nfl kicker job...wonder if the mods could contact him

TX_Yid

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2425851 said:
go to VR and kick footballs at the coaching staff you might get a job that way....:D

I used to drive past every day on my way to work. Now I live in Bronco's country it's a little more difficult to justify.... although if the price of gas keeps coming down!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The new punter hasnt been very impressive. I'm sure there is a guy out there who can equal what we are getting on punts AND double as a deep kickoff guy. I'm not talking Pro Bowler but there seems like there always punters and kickers off the street who can come in and do the job.

Come on scouting department, do your job.

Temo

Reaction score
Seriously, Folk's kickoffs have been the worst in the league, and it hasn't even been close.