PFF’s best Oline- Dallas

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
And that's the problem with the eye test.

The average line could block for 3.2 seconds and the cowboys could be 3.7 which is way above the average but if your quarterback holds the ball for 5 seconds all of these forum warriors will go "uhhh o-line is slacking"

Same with running, you can telegraph a slow Zeke run up the middle against a stacked box and once again those forum warriors will be like "uhhh why isn't there running lanes" (mmm I wonder why ?)
And as a lineman you can repeatedly get your *** beat by the man across from you OR just go ahead and false start or hold to kill several drives each game. But I guess that’s all on the QB. LOL.

mardwin

Reaction score
Exactly.

Look at Rodgers a few weeks ago, 4 of his lineman where backups and it didn't matter. 3 step drop and the ball was out or he took off running.

None of this 7 step drops with spastic twitching and staring down receivers.

To be fair, your QB needs to understand the playbook completely. I don't think Dak does, the way he actually waits for receivers to get open it makes it harder than it needs to be.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will never pay attention to that crap again. No way in hell we were the best line.

I would say we're were bottom five in run blocking

............and you would be wrong. That is the difference between the folks who get paid to do this and the recollection of fans watching mostly on TV. But this isn't hard to figure out. We lead the NFL in scoring, total yards, ranked 9th in rushing, #2 in passing...... common dude. You can't do that without great OL play.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, your QB needs to understand the playbook completely. I don't think Dak does, the way he actually waits for receivers to get open it makes it harder than it needs to be.

The bigger issues are his slow reads and inability to throw guys open.....poor mechanics which lead to innacurate throws high and behind his targets. He's not a good QB. He piles up a lot of his numbers against really bad teams. He rarely plays well against good teams. There is a reason for it and we see it every year. If we played in the NFC West, this would be a .500 team and Daks numbers would look a lot different.

Last edited: