Twitter: PFF: Cowboys S Wilson is the highest graded rookie in NFL

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Donovan Wilson certainly seems to have all the ball skills and tackling abilities that a safety needs to wrest the job from Heath. If he's able to grasp the ability to direct traffic as well as necessary, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened quite soon!

He's really developed impressively in a short time span.:thumbup:

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Donovan Wilson certainly seems to have all the ball skills and tackling abilities that a safety needs to wrest the job from Heath. If he's able tp facilitate the ability to direct traffic as well as necessary, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. He's really developed well in a short time span.

Stout, good tackling, and experience as a slot corner for decent underneath coverage skills. Not a guy you want carrying a receiver downfield, or playing single high, but I'm good with that. We needed an in the box SS who wasn't a liability in close man coverage (like Heath). Wilson sounds like he fits the bill. Bye Iloka. Heath can play S when more deep zone is wanted.

Checks all the RKG boxes, smart, hard worker, team leader. Also, had a significant injury and missed a year. Another Cowboys check.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He might be the starter with Woods sometime this season. I expect him to get a ton of snaps even if he isn't the starter on paper

Good chance he's the "starter" soon, because he should be taking the base in the box SS duties from Heath, and so get in on 1st down, even if Heath is still taking the coverage snaps.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Stout, good tackling, and experience as a slot corner for decent underneath coverage skills. Not a guy you want carrying a receiver downfield, or playing single high, but I'm good with that. We needed an in the box SS who wasn't a liability in close man coverage (like Heath). Wilson sounds like he fits the bill. Bye Iloka. Heath can play S when more deep zone is wanted.

Checks all the RKG boxes, smart, hard worker, team leader. Also, had a significant injury and missed a year. Another Cowboys check.

Great stuff! I especially liked your brief thought about George Iloka exiting. He hasn't done much of anything, thus far. We'll see.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Oh good lord...pff is now grading grading rookies based off of some preseason games?

Fans do it all the time - have you seen this board lately? There's a market for it.

Personally, I agree that it's risky to read too much into preseason games.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good chance he's the "starter" soon, because he should be taking the base in the box SS duties from Heath, and so get in on 1st down, even if Heath is still taking the coverage snaps.

I'll believe he'll get Heath off the field when I see it.

Another one of this team's sacred cows.