Twitter: PFF: Cowboys S Wilson is the highest graded rookie in NFL

sbark

Reaction score
And put the final nail in the coffin last year.
For sure....where was x.woods on t.gurleys 45 yard Td run late 1st half....from deep safety couldn't help but be able to affect play. Would've been reminiscent of Heath stopping raiders qb

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Stout, good tackling, and experience as a slot corner for decent underneath coverage skills. Not a guy you want carrying a receiver downfield, or playing single high, but I'm good with that. We needed an in the box SS who wasn't a liability in close man coverage (like Heath). Wilson sounds like he fits the bill. Bye Iloka. Heath can play S when more deep zone is wanted.

Checks all the RKG boxes, smart, hard worker, team leader. Also, had a significant injury and missed a year. Another Cowboys check.

I actually forgot about IIoka......guess you do have wonder if he makes 53. Certainly a fair question.......

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually forgot about IIoka......guess you do have wonder if he makes 53. Certainly a fair question.......

I don't think he has a shot.

I did when they signed him, but he's done nothing to distinguish himself among the group.

Like several other guys like Mitch Hyatt, Jon'vea Johnson, and Reggie Davis, he's effectively 'cut himself' with his lack of plays.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he ended it last year - I think Goff is still running on that bootleg that Heath looked right at and still misread.

hqg-2426.gif

Beaker42

Reaction score

I did when they signed him, but he's done nothing to distinguish himself among the group.

Like several other guys like Mitch Hyatt, Jon'vea Johnson, and Reggie Davis, he's effectively 'cut himself' with his lack of plays.
Iloka reminds me of Merton Hanks, except less-effective.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I agree......

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Heath has plenty of heart and speed , but he lacks football/safety instincts. Wilson is just a far more fluid DB...............Not sure he's ready to take over , but based upon his play last season and especially that final play in the Rams game , what could it hurt if Jeff Heath isn't the starter ?

CapnB

Reaction score
Still not getting by GOAT Heath.... just not gonna happen...nope...noway

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wilson is not replacing Heath immediately. He'll be worked in the rotation. Still, this is preseason. You can't knock it because it can be a foreshadowing of things to come (see Dak Prescott), but you have to pump the brakes just a little. It's not like he's been intercepting Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.

ghst187

Reaction score
First guy we’ve had back there with ball skills since Ken Hamlin.