Twitter: PFF: Cowboys S Wilson is the highest graded rookie in NFL

morat1959

Reaction score
Wilson is not replacing Heath immediately. He'll be worked in the rotation. Still, this is preseason. You can't knock it because it can be a foreshadowing of things to come (see Dak Prescott), but you have to pump the brakes just a little. It's not like he's been intercepting Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.
Heath’s had years to get picks and doesn’t do it no matter who the QB is. I know...he lead the team one year with 2!

mcmvp

Reaction score
Another "glass half empty" poster. :facepalm:

Too funny. No...I’m generally glass is half full in life.

I’m not sure how you get pessimism out of my post. I’m not saying pff will be proven right or wrong in these ratings...I’m only saying that grading rookies based on an extremely small number of snaps against players that are likely not to even be on NFL rosters during the reg season isn’t going to give you a very accurate picture of anything.

Does is show you something? Sure...but it’s not anything to take to the bank. I’d just rather wait to judge rookies when they are playing vs NFL talent...that’s all.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I’m not sure how you get pessimism out of my post. I’m not saying pff will be proven right or wrong in these ratings...I’m only saying that grading rookies based on an extremely small number of snaps against players that are likely not to even be on NFL rosters during the reg season isn’t going to give you a very accurate picture of anything.

Does is show you something? Sure...but it’s not anything to take to the bank. I’d just rather wait to judge rookies when they are playing vs NFL talent...that’s all.
No you crapped on something positive by being negative. Just own it instead of making excuses. No one said he’s going to be great or anything, just some positive news about him. Man up.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I must have missed the big season. What did we do?
I think he’s referring to the play against the Raidas where he made Carr lose the ball before crossing the goal line. He read THAT play right, as opposed to letting Goff run all the way to Mexico on that keeper to salt the game away.

jnday

Reaction score
By no means am I a fan of PFF, but what rating does take this into account?
It amazes me how unpopular PFF is with these posters until they mention something good about the Cowboys. Only a few days ago, PFF rated Dak as the 19th best QB in the league and rated him a tier three. Posters didn’t even make a post on that rating.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It amazes me how unpopular PFF is with these posters until they mention something good about the Cowboys. Only a few days ago, PFF rated Dak as the 19th best QB in the league and rated him a tier three. Posters didn’t even make a post on that rating.

This thread was about PFF giving good ratings to Cowboys players.

Some people are questioning PFF in regards to this thread.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Are you defending Heath?
Oh yeah? So just what if my dear good Friend & Awesomely Footballer Bro of mine IS flying the multiple campaign streamer adorned #38's BATTLE FLAG of Fandom's respected homage?,,, Huh? What semblance of lame ostracised infliction are yer' capabilities able to level upon MY BRO,the fearless & stalwart @dsturgeon ,,,Hummn? Maybe we'll start shaking you down fer'yer' chocolate milk at lunch money there ,Mr. Bully brow beatero_O

and my big bro @GimmeTheBall! got a switchblade hair comb, too:rolleyes:

Sydla

Reaction score
I like Wilson. I think he’s going to take time from Heath as the season goes on.

But people pointing out the folly of ratings guy on limited snaps against 3rd stringers are spot on.

jnday

Reaction score
This thread was about PFF giving good ratings to Cowboys players.

Some people are questioning PFF in regards to this thread.
PFF has never been popular around here, but in this case I find it amusing how attitudes towards PFF has changed. All it would take is for a ranking like I mentioned for PFF to be trash again with many of these posters.

morat1959

Reaction score
I think he’s referring to the play against the Raidas where he made Carr lose the ball before crossing the goal line. He read THAT play right, as opposed to letting Goff run all the way to Mexico on that keeper to salt the game away.
I was referring to his statement “he saved our season”. We haven’t had a season in over 20 years. He may have saved a game????

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m cautiously optimistic about Donovan Wilson.

But PFF grades of pre-season games? Meaningless.

That being said. If he turn into an even average level starting safety. It will be an upgrade. So here is to hoping.

jay94

Reaction score
Heath has plenty of heart and speed , but he lacks football/safety instincts. Wilson is just a far more fluid DB...............Not sure he's ready to take over , but based upon his play last season and especially that final play in the Rams game , what could it hurt if Jeff Heath isn't the starter ?

Nothing with potential upside.

mcmvp

Reaction score

That being said. If he turn into an even average level starting safety. It will be an upgrade. So here is to hoping.

Yep...but be careful or you’ll be labeled as a pessimist by the thread police lol

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy.gif

stilltheguru

Reaction score
PFF has never been popular around here, but in this case I find it amusing how attitudes towards PFF has changed. All it would take is for a ranking like I mentioned for PFF to be trash again with many of these posters.
Pff is good but its not perfect.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I doubt their rating system takes into account what the dline did last game. Dline dominance = good safety play
By no means am I a fan of PFF, but what rating does take this into account?
Oh good lord...pff is now grading grading rookies based off of some preseason games?

This post is to @jnday

I replied to multiple people to show their responses which did indeed question the validity of PFF's ratings despite PFF giving positive reviews to Cowboys players.