PFF: DLaw projected new contract, 6 years, $126M, $60M guaranteed

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

9,547 Messages
    11,442 Likes Received
    Not buying a random Instagram post

jay94 likes this.
  2. Denim Chicken

9,547 Messages
    11,442 Likes Received
    We had a top defense this year. He was a huge part of that. Remove him and the whole secondarys performance dips

Hennessy_King and Fuzzee like this.
  3. Denim Chicken

9,547 Messages
    11,442 Likes Received
  4. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

22,893 Messages
    10,487 Likes Received
    His reaction to the Tag kinda implies this is true and most NFL players are doing the Gram now..

Wait for the puns.:D

5. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

3,296 Messages
    4,886 Likes Received
    I never said he wasn’t a great player, he is, but to get paid that type of cash in the 20mm a year range he has to be more than just great, he has to be great and able to take over games...:he just does not do that.

For 20mm you could get 2 to 3 very good defensive starters and at least net what you lose with him.

Again...too much, needs to be closer to 16 a year at his production

Hadenough likes this.
  6. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,059 Likes Received
    that is a huge concession if true......get a 5/90m deal done

7. Denim Chicken

9,547 Messages
    11,442 Likes Received
    His production is on par with Miller and Mack if you're looking at the numbers.

8. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

4,599 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    What? Lol by that logic, the 31 teams that don't win the super bowl don't have a player on the team worth their contract. Or at least the highest paid player on those teams don't deserve their contract.

Donald was on the losing team that held the pats to 13 points. He's worth every penny he got.

9. Little Jr

4,599 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    If you look at the numbers closely he's not in the conversation with Mack. He's in the conversation with Miller when it comes to numbers because Miller has fell off the last 2 years in the 2nd half like dlaw has and actually probably worst. Which could be the reason why there have been trade rumors involving him.

Nightman likes this.
  10. TWOK11

TWOK11 Well-Known Member

1,838 Messages
    4,728 Likes Received
    What most don’t understand is that, among the elite pass rushers in the NFL, he is almost unquestionably the best against the run.

Oh_Canada and Hadenough like this.
  11. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,059 Likes Received
    Like against INDY and LAR

12. Denim Chicken

9,547 Messages
    11,442 Likes Received
    I posted the numbers for the last two years and they're the same.

13. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

11,062 Messages
    9,033 Likes Received
    tag him. No way am I signing him to a 6 year deal at that rate. Either that, or a shorter deal and a slightly less cap hit.

14. Little Jr

4,599 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    I saw and when you brake them down by halfs, they're not.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  15. Little Jr

4,599 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Im actually more impressed with his ability to stop the run than I am his pass rushing ability .

16. Denim Chicken

9,547 Messages
    11,442 Likes Received
    Because no one judges players by halfs unless they're reaching. And if you insist, go look at Vons Miller by half last year.

Edit: just did the math and 64% of Miller's sacks came in the first half of the season compared to 61% of Lawrence's. So Lawrence is actually had more of his total sack production in the second half of the season than Mack.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  17. Little Jr

4,599 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Well, I mentioned Von. I said he compares to von because Von has fell off the last 2 years in the 2nd half of the season, and I also said, probably worst than Dlaw. Also said, that's probably why he's been mentioned in trade rumores.

And people do judge by halfs as they should. When a player gets half his sacks in the 1st 4 games then disappears for 3/4 of the season, that's not good. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, if you ask 100 people would you rather have your pass rusher get half of his 15 sacks the 1st 4 games or the last 4 in December when it's time to make a push, I'm going to say 99 will say the last 4. Football is about how you finish, not how you start. You want your players playing their best at the end. Thats common knowledge and common sense .

Over the past 2 season's
    Sacks
    First half
    9.5- Mack
    17- Dlaw

2nd half
    13.5- Mack
    8- Dlaw.

TFL
    1st half
    12- Mack
    20- Dlaw

2nd half
    13-Mack
    9- Dlaw

QB hits
    1st half
    16-Mack
    27-Dlaw

2nd half
    24-Mack
    22-Dlaw

FF, both have 4 in the 1st half and Dlaw drops to 2 and Mack to 3.

Dlaw drops off by half in the 2nd half of the season in both sacks and TFL. Drops off in qb hits but not as bad as the other 2 categories. Mack goes up in every one.

Like I said in another comment, braking in halfs actually makes it look better for Dlaw. 13 of those 17 1st half sacks came in the first 4 games. So that means he has 13 sacks in the 4 games to begin the last 2 years and has 12 sacks in the last 12 games of the year the the last 2. Avg 1.6 sacks a game for the first 4 and .5 sacks for the next 12. That's not how you want a player to finish the season.

18. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,059 Likes Received
    You can spin it any way you want but DLaw finished way back in all those categories

He was 18th in Sacks
    He was 13th in QB Hits
    He was 12th in TFL

Good but not great

19. Denim Chicken

9,547 Messages
    11,442 Likes Received
    Last year, sure. Take the last two years and it looks pretty even.

20. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    4,211 Likes Received
    Nah, let him bounce...he disappears in second half I'd season anyway