Reaction score
My grades so far for him per game....

Giants: D
Commanders D+
Bears C-
49ers D+
Bengals: D
Packers D-

I'm grading him on a rookie curve. Drop it down a letter grade for a veteran.

You must be really annoyed at Reality for refusing to add Sanchez to his poll.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I am going to have to disagree with you here. I think we have a different take on what PFF is trying to do. None of your suggested improvements really fix anything. They just change what you're trying to capture. You're asking them to add box score metrics into their grade, which is the exact opposite of what they're doing. There are some advanced box score metrics you might like more than the PFF grade, but I very much appreciate that that's not what PFF is doing.

Box score metrics? What are you even talking about? And if you think none of the things I suggested would improve their grading system, then you're delusional.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Who cares about grades and rankings?

Who cares about the occasional int or fumble?

Dak had some perfectly clean games with no TDs; yesterday he had a lost fumble and an INT, but he also threw 3 TDs and took some shots.

We won going away. I'll take that any day. To be honest, if we keep winning, I'm fine without Dak getting top billing. I'm fine keeping his contract and future contracts under control. Just win the game in any way possible. I could care less about stars. To be honest, despite all we've seen from Dak and Elliott, this is a team game, and right now we have team chemistry playing just as big a role as those rookies.

The problem is the fallacy of your reasoning. The odds are against him winning games when he turns it over twice. Now if the other team turns it over four times then he probably skates. That won't always happen. So the statement who cares as long as he keeps winning is functionally flawed. He faces greater odds winning closer games away from home if he has to fight a -2 or greater TO Diff.

You must protect the ball and this is my greatest critique of one Tony Romo as well. As it should be for any QB.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Carolina went 15 - 1 last year, went to the bowl, lost. We went 4-12 last year did not go to the bowl. We got Zeke. Now we're 5-1 they are 1-5.

I'll say it again, 1-15 plus 15-1 = nada if you don't win the Bowl.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
What PFF or anyone else can't quantify is the reaction the team has to Dak and his leadership.

While it would be crazy to expect a rookie QB to not have fumbles and INT's, you can call it bad and downgrade his performance if you wish. But the entire team plays hard for, and responds to Dak like very few QB's ever achieve. The run game, the OL, the defense... they all play better and with more confidence when Prescott is in the game.

They did it at his HS... they did it it MS State... and they're doing it in Dallas. You can't put a number on that and frankly, that is a big reason why the team can have mistakes and still cruise to an easy victory at Lambeau field.

It is the chemistry. The belief. The trust. The togetherness that Prescott fosters when he's leading a team.

Laugh at this if you wish... but I'm telling you, it is real and PFF can't do anything to grade that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
What PFF or anyone else can't quantify is the reaction the team has to Dak and his leadership.

While it would be crazy to expect a rookie QB to not have fumbles and INT's, you can call it bad and downgrade his performance if you wish. But the entire team plays hard for, and responds to Dak like very few QB's ever achieve. The run game, the OL, the defense... they all play better and with more confidence when Prescott is in the game.

They did it at his HS... they did it it MS State... and they're doing it in Dallas. You can't put a number on that and frankly, that is a big reason why the team can have mistakes and still cruise to an easy victory at Lambeau field.

It is the chemistry. The belief. The trust. The togetherness that Prescott fosters when he's leading a team.

Laugh at this if you wish... but I'm telling you, it is real and PFF can't do anything to grade that.

Some might argue winning shows that but I agree.

Momentum and winning are hard to regain if lost.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Box score metrics? What are you even talking about? And if you think none of the things I suggested would improve their grading system, then you're delusional.

Yeah - either I'm delusional or you're not quite as smart as you think you are. You're call is as good as mine. But zero of your suggestions improve their metric. In fact, they go against the very aim of it.

You suggested they introduce raw data (or metrics that rely on raw data) into the equation. The whole point of their service is to add context that outside of that. Adding more variation only adds to the subjectivity of the practice. Adding situational value only adds more subjectivity to the practice. There are stats that do that - box score stats - and that's not what PFF is trying to do.

fortdick

Reaction score
Or thrown 3 INT, got sacked 5x's and we lose by a game ending FG

Or cured cancer, flew to the moon and made lasagna. As good as Dak is playing, does anyone really believe we would be losing with Romo playing while Zeke puts up 150 a game?

endersdragon

Reaction score
*puts on flameproof vest* I am not surprised. He hit wide open receivers all game long because the Packers were playing a player they had just activated from the practice squad and another guy fail down like 3 times, Daks poor throw cost us a TD from the 3, he threw a really bad pass on the pick, he literally just dropped the ball which should have cost us more points if not for the ball going right underneath a Packers player. Statistically that was a great game... When you look at the film... Not so much.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or cured cancer, flew to the moon and made lasagna. As good as Dak is playing, does anyone really believe we would be losing with Romo playing while Zeke puts up 150 a game?

+1 for the "lasagna" reference.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm not sure why it's funny to you either, but your absurd comparison shines some light.

A running back carrying the ball is nothing like a qb in the process of throwing. Dak was in the pocket for less than three seconds and was hit as he was throwing, a process in which he really can't physically protect the ball AND complete a pass (unlike carrying the ball and running). The fumble was on Free, not Dak.

You've got an interesting point of view, and I'm capable of accepting it without agreeing and without resulting to insults. Amazing, I know.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Prescott had the 3rd-highest passer rating for a visiting QB in Rodgers' 70 career games at Lambeau.

2m5fe35.jpg