Twitter: PFF: La'el Collins is currently the best RT in the league

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he was the first to make him an offer, IIRC. Everyone else was waiting.

I mean, I can't say who got the first offer in but he wasn't short on offers. He may have gotten one from every team.

Don't know why Jerry should deserve any praise whatsoever for that. Collins wanted to be a Cowboy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has looked good. What was his direct competition? Any very good DE's?
No and it's how they grade out over the season that matters, not after 3 games against teams like that; however, he had the best camp so it's not surprising he's coming along. He would have gone in the 1st so this is not surprising.

Now Williams better get better fast because that RT job is filled for a while and they took McGovern for a reason.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No and it's how they grade out over the season that matters, not after 3 games against teams like that; however, he had the best camp so it's not surprising he's coming along. He would have gone in the 1st so this is not surprising.

Now Williams better get better fast because that RT job is filled for a while and they took McGovern for a reason.
Eh... it generally takes OL time to get to where they can be.
Williams should be the same and I'm a patient man.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I recall of the draft talk, before he had to drop out, was that most saw him as a G in the NFL and he didn't want that. I think Booger said "I anoint thee Tackle" and closed the deal.

While a lot of *****ing goes on about him being owner and GM, this is one time that was a real benefit. When the man tells you something, you can take that to the bank and T's make more than G's.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh... it generally takes OL time to get to where they can be.
Williams should be the same and I'm a patient man.
Could be but since they didn't take that trade offer and Booger stayed with the McGovern pick, I don't think they're completely sold on Williams.

The other challenge is with this OL, and now Collins making the grade, which of the 5 OL is a DC going after? He's got some damned tough company to be compared to for a 2nd year OL.

Corso

Reaction score
Could be but since they didn't take that trade offer and Booger stayed with the McGovern pick, I don't think they're completely sold on Williams.

The other challenge is with this OL, and now Collins making the grade, which of the 5 OL is a DC going after? He's got some damned tough company to be compared to for a 2nd year OL.
So... wait.
You think a DC won't go after McGovern if he's put in?
That old boy better start eating his Wheaties...

cern

Reaction score
Jerry flew collins and his mom to dallas in his private jet. Champagne and beluga caviar. He then had them over to his highland park home for dinner. Then after visiting and some business negotiations, flew him home in style. Nice moves by jerry.

Corso

Reaction score
Jerry flew collins and his mom to dallas in his private jet. Champagne and beluga caviar. He then had them over to his highland park home for dinner. Then after visiting and some business negotiations, flew him home in style. Nice moves by jerry.
Not a big fan of caviar.
And I have had to give it multiple tries, to be polite...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So... wait.
You think a DC won't go after McGovern if he's put in?
That old boy better start eating his Wheaties...
Of course he will, weakest link in the chain but Williams hasn't proven he's not still the weakest link. Now Martin has that back issue so they may put some pressure on him to see how bad that is. I think the Saints DL is going to put Martin's back to the test.

Corso

Reaction score
Of course he will, weakest link in the chain but Williams hasn't proven he's not still the weakest link. Now Martin has that back issue so they may put some pressure on him to see how bad that is. I think the Saints DL is going to put Martin's back to the test.
Mmm... something to watch Sunday night, for sure.