Twitter: PFF: La'el Collins is currently the best RT in the league

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There are many kinds of caviar. Beluga is king. And not the whale, the sturgeon.
I know. I've had them all and from $7 tins to $7500 tins.
I've had them prepped by Russian nationals. I've had them prepped by Michelin star chefs.

Not bragging. I mean it.
I've had the best and it's just not for me, I guess.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mmm... something to watch Sunday night, for sure.
One thing I've watched is this notice that an OL didn't practice and might be a little banged up. GB's Bulaga, RT, was nursing an injury and that PHL DL went to work on him and got him out early enough in the game to help wreck their run game.

That happens a lot. These DC's are masters at techniques to put pressure on the injury and Schwartz the Weasel is one of the best at that. He's one scary looking dude. He's got those eyes and he's either stoned or evil but he's always crafty and from a D standpoint he's almost as good at Belichick at spotting the weakness. If they do a remake of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, he could play Angel Eyes. Martin's back better not be a problem when the Cowboys play them he'll bring Cox and a LB at him.

Corso

Reaction score
One thing I've watched is this notice that an OL didn't practice and might be a little banged up. GB's Bulaga, RT, was nursing an injury and that PHL DL went to work on him and got him out early enough in the game to help wreck their run game.

That happens a lot. These DC's are masters at techniques to put pressure on the injury and Schwartz the Weasel is one of the best at that. He's one scary looking dude. He's got those eyes and he's either stoned or evil but he's always crafty and from a D standpoint he's almost as good at Belichick at spotting the weakness. If they do a remake of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, he could play Angel Eyes. Martin's back better not be a problem when the Cowboys play them he'll bring Cox and a LB at him.
Wish I could have the opportunity to watch a game with you.
Probably be a total gas.

cern

Reaction score
I've had them prepped by Russian nationals. I've had them prepped by Michelin star chefs.

Not bragging. I mean it.
I will pray for you.

cowboyec

Reaction score
damn right he is.
don't need PFF to tell me why or how.
we already know.
:starspin:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not bragging. I mean it.
Ah had me sum sardeens prepped by a diner waitress one time and the damned cat got them. They wood have ben gud too cuz sumone alredy et the heds they wuz so gud. She wern't no Ruskie tho but she did hav a speach impudent, lisp ah bleve. Ahm going to a tar stor and try sum o that fud from them Michelin stars, thoght onle Texaco peeple had dem.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
All 32 teams wanted to sign Collins after the draft. Jerry didn't find him. He just happened to own the Cowboys.
Yeah because signing free agents and being able to sell them on your organization (the one you built) is not a valuable skill.

Nevermind we can point to a history of very good draft success if you want to be obtuse.

Go sit in the corner.

Corso

Reaction score
Ah had me sum sardeens prepped by a diner waitress one time and the damned cat got them. They wood have ben gud too cuz sumone alredy et the heds they wuz so gud. She wern't no Ruskie tho but she did hav a speach impudent, lisp ah bleve. Ahm going to a tar stor and try sum o that fud from them Michelin stars, thoght onle Texaco peeple had dem.
HA HA HA HA!!!
Awesome!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean, I can't say who got the first offer in but he wasn't short on offers. He may have gotten one from every team.

Don't know why Jerry should deserve any praise whatsoever for that. Collins wanted to be a Cowboy.
The way I remember it, most of the other teams wanted to wait and see if he was going to be charged before giving him an offer, and Jerry stepped up. Am I remembering incorrectly?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
From what I recall of the draft talk, before he had to drop out, was that most saw him as a G in the NFL and he didn't want that. I think Booger said "I anoint thee Tackle" and closed the deal.

While a lot of *****ing goes on about him being owner and GM, this is one time that was a real benefit. When the man tells you something, you can take that to the bank and T's make more than G's.
I don't remember that part, TBH. I just remember he wasn't drafted because teams were worried they'd have a convict instead of an offensive lineman.