News: PFF ranks Moore as second best play caller in football

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The more I see some of these PFF rankings the more I have begun to seriously doubt PFF as credible

I thought PFF might have some credibility for about 15 seconds when they first started out. Then they started putting out rankings before the NFL had even release the All-22 so they are basing their analysis on the regular TV copy. Oh and did I mention that they literally have no more idea what each player's responsibility is on a given play? Sorry unless they are being given the actual play sheets on offense and DCs are sharing their defensive calls on every play PFF's ratings are absolutely worthless. They're okay for entertainment purposes but not to be taken seriously on any level.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Kellen Moore has his moments when he is a very good play caller but unfortunately he tends to lean too heavily on the passing attack and abandons the ground game too quickly. If McCarthy were allowed to do his job he could help Kellen Moore stay truer to a balanced attack but it seems pretty obvious Jerry has stript McCarthy from the power to do that.

That's on the HC.

Would Jimmy have let Norv abandon the run game?

Would Belichick abandon the run game?

The HC matters.

Fans expectations are ridiculous sometimes.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's on the HC.

Would Jimmy have let Norv abandon the run game?

Would Belichick abandon the run game?

The HC matters.

Fans expectations are ridiculous sometimes.

It depends...who picked the OC and what exactly is the dynamic between said HC and the GM vs the GM and the OC...again no one wants it to be true but its not like we dont have evidence that our Owner/GM has very little respect for the HC position and seems to fall in love with his hand picked OC's...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If just look at offensive stats and not consider quality of opponents, our offense was great last year. Its not until you break down the offense by game that you see a lot of those yards and points were scored against bad teams.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
It depends...who picked the OC and what exactly is the dynamic between said HC and the GM vs the GM and the OC...again no one wants it to be true but its not like we dont have evidence that our Owner/GM has very little respect for the HC position and seems to fall in love with his hand picked OC's...

Doesn't matter - on game day that's still on the HC.

CCBoy

Reaction score

This is pretty good company, and the work wasn't put together by a pack of fools:

1. Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs
  2. Kellen Moore, Dallas Cowboys
  3. Byron Leftwich, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  4. Kyle Shanahan, San Francisco 49ers
  5. Sean McVay, Los Angeles Rams
  6. Matt LaFleur, Green Bay Packers

I'm sticking with Jerry on this whole concept. I'm sticking with number 2 Offensive Coordinator. Especially when he is also paired up with the number 2 Defensive Coordinator...and waiting for them to stick with their success path and do it 'their way.'

Yea, Jerry has done that before...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a problem with play calls . Problem is his system doesn't fit our QBs weaknesses.
See 2016 KM

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Well that among other things, like players whiffing on blocks.

It's a team game no matter how it's sliced.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said but in reference to the bolded, certain people think our so called elite QB is our offense..... :huh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said but in reference to the bolded, certain people think our so called elite QB is our offense..... :huh:
On this site, certain people are a microcosm of how some people perceive team sports' play around the world. Football. Basketball. Baseball. Hockey. Et cetera. Take your pick.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
News: PFF ranks Moore as the second-best play-caller in football.

heck no, I read on here ever so often that he's now the number one dak excuse. the offensive line is pretty close.