PFF Ranks Starting QB’s Ahead of 2021 Season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 817Gill, May 18, 2021.

1. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    OK, here it comes with all the Dak detractors and another 10 pages of Dak this and Dak that...ready...3......2......1
    Complaint #1
    • what do these guys know about QB and QB play....They have no idea about cowboys and how everything been around here. Dak is no better than a 15-20 range
    Complain #2
    • oh, great he makes #2 money but is #7, we should have paid him accordingly and paid him around 30M which is where he should have been
    Complain #3
    • He doesn't deserve this ranking, perhaps they graded him on his 4th quarter play only, in the first 3 quarters he hardly does anything
    Complain #4
    • obviously these guys ignored 2019, specially the loss to philly at the end of the seaso

baltcowboy, Jstopper and 817Gill like this.
  2. CowboysFaninHouston

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    sorry, I am not a fan of Stafford. he throws a pretty spiral. but has done nothing to deserve to be in the top 10....

Also, I don't like Jackson...exciting player. runs a lot, but no running QB has ever won a superbowl. the only one that came close was Kapernick and he was a much better passer from the pocket....

3. CowboysFaninHouston

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    agreed.....and plus he may not play much this year and end up suspended or in Jail.

Whyjerry likes this.
  4. CowboysFaninHouston

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    and they went 4-12.....

5. CowboysFaninHouston

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    Herbert needs to do it another year to belong to the list....lets see what DC will do now that they have a full season tape and offseason to study it.

baltcowboy likes this.
  6. CowboysFaninHouston

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    Dalton is 3rd best...from the bottom that is LOL

7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

52,541 Messages
    40,613 Likes Received
    I consider the following combo to add up to a pretty good statistical indicator of QB play.
    1) TD-turnover
    2) standard QB rating

Dak generally ranks in the 7-14 range when we combine those two categories, so this ranking isn't completely crazy.

TexasFrog likes this.
  8. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Zone Supporter

12,306 Messages
    17,253 Likes Received
    True, but I was impressed with what he did last season with such terrible coaching.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  9. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Zone Supporter

8,289 Messages
    8,878 Likes Received
    Doesn’t take away the season. I just posted all his stats and historical significance page before this. You don’t do that with trash stats...especially the rating and TD to Int ratio. Guy was a straight out stud

10. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Zone Supporter

8,289 Messages
    8,878 Likes Received
    Right and it’s why people trying to downplay Watson last year are ridiculous

817Gill and DFWJC like this.
  11. CowboysFaninHouston

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    but but but philly game in 2019....

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  12. CowboysFaninHouston

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    well, we have to see the scores at the end of 3rd quarter, end of game and score with about 7.5 (1/2 of 4th quarter)...that will tell you if its garbage yards or not.

if you go 4-12, you are partially responsible for that record....

13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

52,541 Messages
    40,613 Likes Received
    Cannot begin to imagine what Watson's numbers would look like behind Dallas' line (when fairly healthy) our 3 WRs and Zeke.
    That applies to guys like Stafford too.
    It would be a freak show, stats-wise.

14. CowboysFaninHouston

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    so when cowboys are within 3 points with 3 minutes to go, that's considered garbage time...ooookkkk then

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

33,150 Messages
    48,828 Likes Received
    This doesn't take into consideration that, given the same offensive personnel, guys like Herbert, Burrow, Murray, Stafford, and others could blow past several of these top 15 guys.

I think Herbert and Burrow will be special relatively soon.

Denim Chicken and Vandyr like this.
  16. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

6,097 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    I think Stafford is the most penalized QB as far as franchise hijinks in nfl history. His team sucks every single year, but he’s been historically good and no one has really noticed

What’s most impressive about Stafford is he got way better after Calvin Johnson retired. His interceptions went way down, his completion percentage went up by a considerable amount, and his yards per attempt even went up... which shouldn’t make any else. I think CJ was a crutch he learned to overcome.

He hasn’t thrown more than 13 picks in 7 years, despite being in an offense that has never been able to run the football. He hasn’t thrown under 64% completion in 6 years despite never hitting that number with Calvin. His yards per attempt has jumped from the low 7’s to high 7’s and 8’s in recent years. He’s becoming really, really good.

He’s top 10 all time in both Game Winning Drives and fourth quarter comebacks (seriously). It’s Manning, it’s Brady, it’s Brees, it’s Roethlisberger, it’s Marino, it’s Unitas, It’s Elway, and it’s Stafford.

Detroit did to him what they did to Barry; and I think in LA he’s going to light up the league.

The most impressive thing to do in the nfl to me is not to take a stacked roster and excel with it, it’s to take a terrible one and do something worth championing about.

17. CowboysFaninHouston

19,238 Messages
    9,570 Likes Received
    stafford is the most over rated #1 pick of all time. he has horrible horrible record, including one of the worst against teams with a winning record. he has terrible playoff record. and yes, some years they had a bad team but most years they didn't. he does throw a very pretty spiral though.

Watson's numbers will probably be similar to Dak's....not sure which one was worse, O'Brian or Garrett. and Watson did have some nicer weapons at his disposal.....like Brandin cooks and Fuller and Hopkins who is head and shoulders above cooper. he also had a decent OL, it wasn't the best. it wasn't the worst...zeke hasn't been that good lately. last year he was very pedestrian.

18. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

3,441 Messages
    6,346 Likes Received
    Stafford is a top 5 QB and will prove it this season.

19. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

6,097 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    This guy gets it

20. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

26,032 Messages
    52,259 Likes Received
    PFF says something poster agrees with

These guys are legit at ratings, haters!

PFF contradicts how poster feels about player

Who cares what PFF says about anyone?