Twitter: PFF top LBers through week 13

Reaction score
Further evidence that LVE should not be sitting on the sidelines replaced by Sean Lee.

Move Jaylon to the strong side and put Lee at weak side. But whatever they decide to do LVE has to be on the field. He has become too important to just park on the sidelines.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Further evidence that LVE should not be sitting on the sidelines replaced by Sean Lee.

Move Jaylon to the strong side and put Lee at weak side. But whatever they decide to do LVE has to be on the field. He has become too important to just park on the sidelines.

I would think the the coaching staff wants to keep LVE's snap count closer to what it was at New Orleans (84.6 percent) than what he played in other games without Lee. He played 100 percent of the snaps against Houston (80 snaps) and Philadelphia (62) and 93.7 percent or above against Jacksonville, Atlanta and Washington.

Jaylon Smith has played 100 percent of the snaps in the past four games, and has only been under 90 percent twice this season.

Having another quality linebacker to split those snaps is a good thing for both players. I'd like to see Lee's playing time keep both LVE and Smith in the upper 80s and reduce Wilson to just special teams, taking his defensive snaps, which have ranged from a low of 16.7 percent to a high of 48.6.

So looking at those numbers, I believe Lee should be on the field for anywhere from 40 to 60 percent of the defensive snaps (depending on how much we play three-backer sets).

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

Placing someone at SAM is essentially benching them since the SAM is only going to be on the field 1 out of every 5 plays on this defense.

Reaction score
Placing someone at SAM is essentially benching them since the SAM is only going to be on the field 1 out of every 5 plays on this defense.
There is a very simple answer to that.

When you do down to 2 LB's, it's Lee who goes to the sidelines and Jaylon goes back to the strong side. Done.

It's pretty clear by now that Lee is no longer able to handle a heavy workload.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DPOY

th

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
There is a very simple answer to that.

When you do down to 2 LB's, it's Lee who goes to the sidelines and Jaylon goes back to the strong side. Done.

It's pretty clear by now that Lee is no longer able to handle a heavy workload.

I'm basically in the same boat. I just don't agree with moving LVE from the WILL. He's the best fit there and it's the play-making position of this defense.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner is one of the main reasons I kind of hope we don't play the Seahawks in the playoffs...seriously. That guy is amazing, Luke Kuechley too.

Sydla

Reaction score
LVE > Roquan Smith. Who knew? Will McClay did, that's who. :D

Well in fairness, we really have no idea who the Cowboys would have picked if Smith, LVE and Edmunds had all been on the board when we picked.

I don't think it was ever reported that LVE was our top LB on our overall board. I swear I thought I read it was Edmunds.