Twitter: PFF top LBers through week 13

windjc

Reaction score
Urchlacher and Briggs predate PFF, yeah? could be wrong but I thought PFF was only about 5 to 10 years old, I wanna say Urlacher retired around 07 or 08.

Davis and Kuechly are the only pair I can think of in that time frame which might be both in top 7. I wouldn't count Suggs and Lewis because EDGE is so different from typical LB
Urlacher retired after 2012.

windjc

Reaction score
Why is LVE only rated as the 7th best rookie on ESPN? And I believe they rate 2 ROOKIE LBers higher.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why is LVE only rated as the 7th best rookie on ESPN? And I believe they rate 2 LBers higher.

If you're saying the best rookie overall, there are other rookies ( offensively and defensively ) having super seasons also. 7 does seem a bit low but I haven't closely reviewed the other top rookies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just to be clear, this is top LBers in the entire league, not rookies.

Im sure a bunch of Zoners think the same thing every time they hear Wagners names

Lets just say Mo Claiborne does NOT equal Bobby Wagner AND Michael Brockers
Still one my least favorite Cowboy draft day trades in 20 years

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Welcome to next weeks rankings with Lee, Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith patrolling the LB spots

...can you imagine, 3 LBs in the top 5?

Though really if there's enough action to go around that we have 3 LBs in the top 5, I would start worrying that the defensive line is letting too much through haha

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
DPOY

th

Love that shirt design. Is that yours?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I posted that the Cowboys should sign Brown and draft Vander Esch. They could save the scouting dept. budget and just hire me

How much this valuable information would cost the Cowboys? LOL

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bobby Wagner is one of the main reasons I kind of hope we don't play the Seahawks in the playoffs...seriously. That guy is amazing, Luke Kuechley too.
Wagner was the missing piece when we beat them in SEA in 14. He is a huge difference maker.

One thing I have noticed about these forums. Some like to celebrate when a key player on the opposing team is out and then conveniently forget that player didn't play.

nathanlt

Reaction score
...can you imagine, 3 LBs in the top 5?

Though really if there's enough action to go around that we have 3 LBs in the top 5, I would start worrying that the defensive line is letting too much through haha

Well, if they are tackles for loss, then its OK with me if the defensive line lets them through!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner is one of the main reasons I kind of hope we don't play the Seahawks in the playoffs...seriously. That guy is amazing, Luke Kuechley too.

He's been doing it since he hit the ground in 2012 too. For me, he's the gold standard of LB's today and a HOF if he hung it up tomorrow.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Further evidence that LVE should not be sitting on the sidelines replaced by Sean Lee.

Move Jaylon to the strong side and put Lee at weak side. But whatever they decide to do LVE has to be on the field. He has become too important to just park on the sidelines.
And if he is more wood to the fire that this regime is nothing more than a band of clapping idiots.

John813

Reaction score
I posted that the Cowboys should sign Brown and draft Vander Esch. They could save the scouting dept. budget and just hire me

Why did he sit on the FA market for a while(last or two years ago iirc). Drawing a blank. Was it cause he asked for too much at first and teams went elsewhere?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah,LVE is really having a season. One of the best picks for Dallas. He’s like an instant top vet at the position. Love our #1 LB combo,and couldn’t be happier with them.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Further evidence that LVE should not be sitting on the sidelines replaced by Sean Lee.

Move Jaylon to the strong side and put Lee at weak side. But whatever they decide to do LVE has to be on the field. He has become too important to just park on the sidelines.
So your ok with Jaylons snaps being significantly reduced if we move him to the strong side?

Reaction score
So your ok with Jaylons snaps being significantly reduced if we move him to the strong side?
Keep reading the thread.

You move Jaylon back weakside on passing downs. Move Lee out. It's clear he can't handle a heavy workload anymore.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Keep reading the thread.

You move Jaylon back weakside on passing downs. Move Lee out. It's clear he can't handle a heavy workload anymore.
But LVE is the 3rd ranked LB in the NFL at wrak side.

I personally think JJ is toying with the media. One week LVE is starting the rest of the season the next week Sean is starting when healthy. I think after the Philly game JJ will say he plans on trading LVE

nathanlt

Reaction score
But LVE is the 3rd ranked LB in the NFL at wrak side.

I personally think JJ is toying with the media. One week LVE is starting the rest of the season the next week Sean is starting when healthy. I think after the Philly game JJ will say he plans on trading LVE

For the next 47 first round picks??? Sure!!!