Twitter: PFF- Trevor Lawrence to Dallas?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So you are saying you have such great confidence in our drafting....that if we did pick Lawrence well by god THAT one would be perfect?

Seems to me that; s not what you are saying. That we ONLY screw up on defense? Hmmm

Going back a ways we've been better drafting offense than defense.

But no, that's not what I'm saying.
iu

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Cam, sort of?

Matt Ryan

Stafford

Goff, so far

Eli

Alex Smith

Carson Palmer

PMannning

Bledsoe

Aikman

Testaverde

There's been a ton of them.
was thinking more recent than Troy, Cam, Mannings...for that matter any top 6 QB and guess it depends on what defines success with a few of those guys. Point being we don't need a QB in the 1st round, and a guy like Goff I don't see as being a success as much as winning as a matter of circumstance wht the team he is on. I can argue that Stafford could have been an incredibly successful QB if put in the right situation, which clearly he has not been

DFWJC

Reaction score
IT does though why on earth would they trade the 1st overall pick for Dak? And I like Dak but he has no contract....and why on earth would Dak re-sign with the Cowboys in order to get traded to the Jets and ruin his career? This makes no sense at all lol.
I think they are saying Dak AND the 4th overall for Lawrence

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
why not as silly as it might sound at least we have something new to be excited about it,,,We all know as long as this team is in the hands of the Jones nothing will change much

How fun would it be to go into next season with Trevor Lawrence. Some real buzz and hope added to this team that the fan base desperately needs.

Status quo will just lead to status quo results.

We’re falling behind other teams fast and locking this roster down for me makes no sense when looking at the big picture.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
How fun would it be to go into next season with Trevor Lawrence. Some real buzz and hope added to this team that the fan base desperately needs.

We’re falling behind other teams fast and locking this roster down for me makes no sense when looking at the big picture.
spot on and that is the point.....TL is an exceptional player and will be cheaper for years.... bring him on and build the rest of the team it is a win win

BHendri5

Reaction score
Nah, he doesn’t look like a Dallas Cowboys QB. Look at a young Staubach, Aikman , Romo, those 3 are the headliners for Cowboys QBs, Prescott has that look as you can see by his many commercials, like the previous 3 before him. If were to get Fields he has that look.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

This team is not a Trevor Lawrence away from conceding....do you guys even watch Trevor Lawrence play or are you just hyped because he "looks the part"? He can throw a nice tight spiral......just how Jerry likes 'em.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I love fantasy threads that have no chance in hell of actually happening.

1. We dont have the first overall pick and Jets are not winning 3 of their last 5, so its moot unless you are talking trade.
2. If you are talking trade, why would the Jets trade away from this so-called best prospect in decades?
3. Maybe some are not up on current events, but we dont have the luxury of trading our entire draft and then some for one guy.

That is three reasons just off the top of my head as to why this wont happen.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Dak is a good QB but he is not great and he is expensive why waste that much money on one player

If you have a top 10 qb (which Dak is) then it's early worth it. Then you use the draft to build out the rest of the team. Plus I trust the Cowboys to do better in the draft than I do in free agency. I'd rather them spend the money on Dak who we already know can produce over free agents that we don't know what we're gonna get.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you have a top 10 qb (which Dak is) then it's early worth it. Then you use the draft to build out the rest of the team. Plus I trust the Cowboys to do better in the draft than I do in free agency. I'd rather them spend the money on Dak who we already know can produce over free agents that we don't know what we're gonna get.
Yes Jay we know what Dak can produce .500 ball and 1 playoff win in 5 seasons.
Sure give the house to Dak as the above results are simply priceless!:banghead:

P.S.And we have the bonus of only beating teams with losing records yeee hawww!!!