PFF - Zeke is not a top 25 player under 25 years of age

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t have a cat. Actually hate cats. If I did have one I would line the kitty litter box with PFF articles.

There are a couple of stray cats in my neighborhood that keep digging up my mulch, and pissing and crapping in my garden, messing my flowers up.

You think I can use PFF articles to line my garden?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
PFF is a source for very specific, objective raw stats. How many pressures somebody allowed, what a passer rating was on a particular receiver's routes, or a QB's rating to a specific area of the field. It's one of the best sources for that kind of stat, in fact, along with PFR.

PFF is the last source I would turn to if I was looking for a subjective opinion about football or anything else. That's filler for them. Bells and whistles, nothing more. It may be what gets the most attention for them, but it is most certainly NOT what they do well.

InTheZone

Reaction score
then I'd imagine Dak is somewhere around bottom 25? :popcorn:

btw Zeke would be top 3 if he were on any other team.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More proof that PFF and all the poindexters who try to covert football into a mathematical formula are complete trash.

-

Ezekiel Elliott is not one of the NFL’s top players under 25-years old, allow that sink in for a moment. The reigning rushing champion isn’t good enough to be on a list that includes top players in the league under 25-years old.

Now realize this isn’t a fact, just an opinion of Pro Football Focus who put out their annual top 25 players under 25 years of age at the start of the upcoming season. Elliott did not make the list, but he did manage to make the “just missed” portion.

Mark Chichester and PFF cited their reasoning:

“There’s no doubt that Ezekiel Elliott is one of the top players at his position, but it’s hard to overlook the fact that his production is, in large part, thanks to the offense that Dallas has built around him. Over the last three years, Elliott ranks first in rushing attempts (868), rushing yards (4048), rushing yards after contact (2567) and first down conversions (219). However, his three-year rushing grade of 80.2 ranks ninth among the 36 backs with at least 300 attempts in that span, while his 0.119 missed tackles forced per attempt ranks tied for 27th among the same group.”

Elliott gets dinged for having the offense flow through him, a preposterous line of thinking. Downgrading a player that is so good that the team builds around him is silly. Punishing him for still leading the league when the opposition clearly focuses their defensive game plan around stopping him is absurd.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...llas-cowboys-top-25-under-25-2019-nfl-season/
PF who?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
There are a couple of stray cats in my neighborhood that keep digging up my mulch, and pissing and crapping in my garden, messing my flowers up.

You think I can use PFF articles to line my garden?

I have a RWS 350 22 cal air rifle. Just for plinking and being stupid. Perfect for that problem.

aria

Reaction score
Does the grading take into account he led the league in fumbles by more than twice the next closest RB?

JayFord

Reaction score
Because of his line?

How many running backs function without an offensive line?

Kinda like saying the only reason you don’t miss the toilet when you poop is because you sit in the hole

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
hmmm.... They must have forgotten Darren McFadden had a better offensive line but could barely hit a 1000 yards. Yeah, Zeke is just ok... 2.5 stars i guess

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
More proof that PFF and all the poindexters who try to covert football into a mathematical formula are complete trash.

-

Ezekiel Elliott is not one of the NFL’s top players under 25-years old, allow that sink in for a moment. The reigning rushing champion isn’t good enough to be on a list that includes top players in the league under 25-years old.

Now realize this isn’t a fact, just an opinion of Pro Football Focus who put out their annual top 25 players under 25 years of age at the start of the upcoming season. Elliott did not make the list, but he did manage to make the “just missed” portion.

“There’s no doubt that Ezekiel Elliott is one of the top players at his position, but it’s hard to overlook the fact that his production is, in large part, thanks to the offense that Dallas has built around him. Over the last three years, Elliott ranks first in rushing attempts (868), rushing yards (4048), rushing yards after contact (2567) and first down conversions (219). However, his three-year rushing grade of 80.2 ranks ninth among the 36 backs with at least 300 attempts in that span, while his 0.119 missed tackles forced per attempt ranks tied for 27th among the same group.”

Elliott gets dinged for having the offense flow through him, a preposterous line of thinking. Downgrading a player that is so good that the team builds around him is silly. Punishing him for still leading the league when the opposition clearly focuses their defensive game plan around stopping him is absurd.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...llas-cowboys-top-25-under-25-2019-nfl-season/
He's dinged because he's not as efficient as you'd like per rush outside his rookie year. Volume has been Zeke's great friend.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

-

PFF on Zeke is almost as bad as you on Dak.