News: PFN: Dak Prescott: The NFC's Best Quarterback and a Top-5 NFL QB at His Best

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Josh Allen is a top-five NFL quarterback. Nobody in their right mind would argue that fact. His frame, arm, and athleticism make him a cheat code.

But in a world that hasn’t stopped talking about Prescott’s 15 interceptions, Allen’s league-leading 19 turnovers isn’t talked about nearly as much. Trevor Lawrence, who ranks above Prescott on a few lists out there, lost five more fumbles than any other QB and turned the ball over two more times than Prescott. Joe Burrow quietly had one less turnover than Prescott did.

Same exact thing I've said. Nobody cared when Stafford was leading the league in interceptions. Nobody cares that Josh Allen does it.

Great article. Gotta give credit where its due. Not the same crap over and over again.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Josh Allen is a top-five NFL quarterback. Nobody in their right mind would argue that fact. His frame, arm, and athleticism make him a cheat code.

But in a world that hasn’t stopped talking about Prescott’s 15 interceptions, Allen’s league-leading 19 turnovers isn’t talked about nearly as much. Trevor Lawrence, who ranks above Prescott on a few lists out there, lost five more fumbles than any other QB and turned the ball over two more times than Prescott. Joe Burrow quietly had one less turnover than Prescott did.

Same exact thing I've said. Nobody cared when Stafford was leading the league in interceptions. Nobody cares that Josh Allen does it.

Great article. Gotta give credit where its due. Not the same crap over and over again.
Any article that compares 17 games to 12 is far from great. Embarrassing really.

Creeper

Reaction score
"At his best". Seriously, though. The article makes some valid points. Other QBs have miscues and don't get nearly as much criticism as Dak.

But as much as I have criticized Dak by saying he is really two Daks, Good Dak and Bad Dak, Good Dak is really, really good. When he is making quick smart decisions, seeing the field and spreading the ball around to the open receivers he is as good as anyone in the league not named Mahomes. The problem is, we do not see Good Dak all the time. In fact, we saw him far too infrequently last year. If Dak puts it together and has a year of Good Dak games strung together for the entire season, he will be the MVP of the league.

The opposite side of the coin is that Bad Dak is really bad. If McCarthy can find a way to minimize appearances by Bad Dak the Cowboys will finally make it to the Super Bowl.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Said this a million times .........many fans don't realize how much his running impacts defenses. He led all QBs in rushing attempts, including Lamar Jackson before his injury. He's literally a threat to run on any given play. Now consider having TWO legit top 5 WRs and a top-10 TE. It's not hard to see why their offense is so hard to defend.

The threat of Hurts’ legs isn’t just a bonus for him as a runner but for the Eagles’ entire rushing attack. His legs add a gap that the defense must defend, and NFL teams are already trying to defend the run with as few bodies as physically possible.

Sydla

Reaction score

Here's the problem.

Tampa Bay Buc Dak is great. Thanksgiving Day Dak is great.

49ers Dak was pretty shoddy. Commanders Dak was not good. So was the Houston Dak.

Tennessee Titans Dak was ehhh.

And that's the problem. If he can't get the consistency that eluded him in the 2nd half of 2022, I can't argue that he's the best QB in the NFC.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here's the problem.

Tampa Bay Buc Dak is great. Thanksgiving Day Dak is great.

49ers Dak was pretty shoddy. Commanders Dak was not good. So was the Houston Dak.

Tennessee Titans Dak was ehhh.

And that's the problem. If he can't get the consistency that eluded him in the 2nd half of 2022, I can't argue that he's the best QB in the NFC.
I think the bigger thing here is understanding why he was so inconsistent. Some will say he's just not that good and that's a different topic at hand. But I think there's an underlying issue here to why he can look so bad against Texans and look like he did against the Buccaneers. Based on the changes they've made they seem to think they have the fix.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"At his best". Seriously, though. The article makes some valid points. Other QBs have miscues and don't get nearly as much criticism as Dak.

But as much as I have criticized Dak by saying he is really two Daks, Good Dak and Bad Dak, Good Dak is really, really good. When he is making quick smart decisions, seeing the field and spreading the ball around to the open receivers he is as good as anyone in the league not named Mahomes. The problem is, we do not see Good Dak all the time. In fact, we saw him far too infrequently last year. If Dak puts it together and has a year of Good Dak games strung together for the entire season, he will be the MVP of the league.

The opposite side of the coin is that Bad Dak is really bad. If McCarthy can find a way to minimize appearances by Bad Dak the Cowboys will finally make it to the Super Bowl.
I think the issue is for the most part we all understand what Dak is. But this team does nothing to make the game easier for him. Or any of our players. Quinn does that on his side of the ball. He puts guys in position to succeed and disguise their limitations. Offensively this has been missing.....since forever. Moore, Linehan, Garrett....all the same issues here.

Players on this team succeed based on skill not actually an offensive mind putting them in position to succeed.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think the bigger thing here is understanding why he was so inconsistent. Some will say he's just not that good and that's a different topic at hand. But I think there's an underlying issue here to why he can look so bad against Texans and look like he did against the Buccaneers. Based on the changes they've made they seem to think they have the fix.
Maybe but the roster was largely the same over most of those games and he was all over the map performance wise. So I tend to think the issues with Dak's inconsistency were as much about him than it was by whatever roster excuses they want to shift all the blame too.

Certainly, better play calling and better OL play and adding Cooks (and Gallup getting more healthy) are going to be factors here but Dak had issues that were his fault and only his fault. He has to limit mistakes as much we need players around him to step up IMO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe but the roster was largely the same over most of those games and he was all over the map performance wise. So I tend to think the issues with Dak's inconsistency were as much about him than it was by whatever roster excuses they want to shift all the blame too.

Certainly, better play calling and better OL play and adding Cooks (and Gallup getting more healthy) are going to be factors here but Dak had issues that were his fault and only his fault. He has to limit mistakes as much we need players around him to step up IMO.
I don't think roster issues. Granted, Noah Brown as your #2 is an issue but I don't think its solely roster issues. There are games where this team plays and the defense has their number. It's not just last year its years even under Garrett. Even in Romo's years. Their playbook is outdated and not creative and it's typically good enough to beat the dogs around the league. This team does nothing to help its personnel. Never has.