PFT: Barber's apartment was burglarized back in May...some property returned

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BARBER GETS SOME OF HIS STUFF BACK

Posted by Mike Florio on October 8, 2008, 9:11 a.m.

Police have returned to Cowboys running back Marion Barber some of the property that was stolen from his apartment in May.

But not much.

Barber reported that more than $77,000 in property was taken from his apartment between March 31 and May 21. The stolen property included a football signed by Tony Romo, a $36,000 diamond chain, electronic equipment, and an iPod bearing the Pro Bowl emblem.

Barber has received the football and the iPod.

The most amazing aspect of this story is that Barber would own a $36,000 diamond chain . . . and then leave it somewhere for nearly two months.

Then again, diamond chains are turning out to be a better investment than stocks. At least when the diamond chain disappears, there’s the possibility of getting reimbursed by an insurance policy.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stolen property returned to Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber

10:00 PM Tue, Oct 07, 2008
Scott Goldstein

A suspect arrested in a string of more than 30 Uptown burglaries this summer may also be tied to the burglary of Cowboys running back Marion Barber's Dallas apartment earlier this year, WFAA-TV reported tonight.

Dallas police recently determined that some of the property recovered from a stolen vehicle driven by Damon Joseph West, 32, when he was arrested in May belonged to Mr. Barber, including a football signed by quarterback Tony Romo.

The football and other property were returned to Mr. Barber this week, police said.

Mr. Barber reported the burglary at his Far North Dallas apartment in May, a Dallas police report said. The report estimated more than $77,000 worth of property was stolen from his apartment near the Dallas North Tollway while Mr. Barber was away between March 31 and May 21. Most of the stolen property still has yet to be recovered.

Mr. Barber returned to his apartment and found it ransacked, the police report said. He could not be reached for comment Tuesday night.

Mr. West was arrested driving the stolen vehicle on May 22, a Dallas police report said. Inside the vehicle, police found a collection of property, including the items investigators recently determined belonged to Mr. Barber.

He was re-arrested in July in connection with the string of Uptown burglaries.
Dustin Kienzlen, 33, was also arrested in July and charged in connection with the Uptown-area burglaries.

Virginia Oates, 28, turned herself in at the Dallas County Courthouse on Oct. 1 and was arrested by Dallas police. Police say she helped dispose of some of the stolen items from the Uptown burglaries. She faces charges of theft and engaging in organized criminal activity.

Investigators are still seeking a third man, 46-year-old Anthony Britt.

Temo

Reaction score
No one else wonders why Barber has a football signed by his own QB? Maybe he's also a Romo fan?

kmp77

Reaction score
Isnt this the apt from hard knocks? Upscale highrise? Where's the doorman and security? I'd be asking for some rent back....

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2318443 said:
good for MB-III to get his stuff back.

All he got back was a football that he could easily get signed again and an iPod that cost maybe $300. I would rather have the diamond back. Lol.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WFAA blog

Dumb criminals target Dallas Cowboys
9:40 AM Wed, Oct 08, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

For a change, well at least it seems that way sometimes, some Dallas Cowboys are making the police blotter through no fault of their own.

Marion Barber has been burglarized by one of the members of the group known as the "Uptown Burglars." Barber has thousands of dollars in memorabilia, jewelry and electronics stolen.

Oh and it gets more bizarre, the man police accuse of committing the robber is former UNT quarterback Damon West.

But here is the best part of the story: "The burglars allegedly drilled holes in people's apartment doors, ate their food and then took their property."

So let me get this straight, these Uptown Burglars decided to drill through a lock, then have a sandwich, maybe some chips and a drink, then rob the place?

I'm no burglar, but to me it would make sense if you're going to engage in this kind of activity that you'd want to get out of the place you are robbing as soon as possible. And certainly if I thought it was Barber's place I'd want to get out fast.

Haven't they seen the way he pounds would-be tacklers?

--------------------
Another article from WFAA

Cowboys player victim of 'Uptown Burglars'

10:17 AM CDT on Wednesday, October 8, 2008

By REBECCA LOPEZ / WFAA-TV
DALLAS - While Dallas Cowboy running back Marion Barber carries a football on the field, Dallas police say the so-called "Uptown Burglars" carried away his autographed football from quarterback Tony Romo, a diamond chain worth $36,000 and thousands of dollars worth of electronics.

According to a Dallas police report, Barber left his home on March 31. When he returned on May 21, he told police his “front door had been damaged around the lock and he noticed his apartment had been ransacked."

Sources told News 8 police have linked that burglary to Damon West, who is allegedly one of the Uptown Burglars. The burglars allegedly drilled holes in people's apartment doors, ate their food and then took their property.

In an exclusive interview with News 8 last month, West denied the allegations. "I've never burglarized anybody's home," he said. "I'm not guilty of that. I don't claim to walk on raindrops, but my parents raised a lot better kid, or man now, than what they are alleging."

But, police say West, a former quarterback for the University of North Texas, is a fast talker and say they have evidence that he ran an organized criminal enterprise.

Sources said they linked West to Barber's burglary after they got a tip that he bragged about breaking into a Cowboy's apartment.

In May, police arrested West while he was allegedly driving a stolen BMW out of Irving.

A police report said a large amount of property, including the stolen Tony Romo football, was found inside the vehicle.

Dallas police returned the football and an iPod with a Pro Bowl emblem to Barber Tuesday.

E-mail rlopez@wfaa.com

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/wfaa/stories/wfaa081007_mo_barber.ef6be40d.html

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Has Barber moved or was this at a 2nd home? From seeing on Hard Knocks where he lives, I can't imagine that their building doesn't have great security.