Twitter: PFT: Brandon Knight doesn't report to Ravens after waiver claim

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Wonder why. He is missing out on a chance to be on a good team, who right now is competing for the top seed in the AFC.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe it’s a simple as Brandon has been stacking sats and now has no reason or need to move to a suboptimal city for financial reasons.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Knight has zero leverage. Once the claim went in for him the checks signed by Jerrah stopped . He’s now Baltimore’s issue. Look Brandon Knight has zero effect on what happens to Dallas going forward. Good luck good bye , see ya.
If he reports a week or two from now they have to take him or release him. They will have to release another player to take him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Brandon Knight clearly only wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy. Plus, he likely didn't want to have to move his family to a junkyard place like Baltimore.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His mental health wasn't an issue here but as soon as Baltimore claimed him it became an issue. What a coincidence. If he doesn't want to goto that club he needs to have that conversation with them, they still have his rights so whenever he is ready to come back to the NFL its for the Ravens.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Sounds like he needed to take a mental health break, much like Lane Johnson did.
That is what he is doing. He came out I think yesterday and made a statement that he is taking time off for his mental health. I think it was in a article by NBCsports.

Tussinman

Reaction score
That's the new copout for 2020 onwards. Just claim "mental health" or "health day" and nobody will question you.

Reminds me of when I was in elementary school if someone wanted to skip school for a week for a vacation they would just write a note saying "we have to leave next week for a family emergency" and nobody would question it

Bigdog

Reaction score
There’s a statement posted in this thread. Good for him. If you’re not in a good place mentally, nothing else matters.
My bad. I must have missed it. You are right that if you are not in good place mentally than nothing else matters. I hope he takes time for himself and gets better.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
In case it hasn't already been discussed, if Knight wants to return to football he will be a Raven. They took on his contract with that waiver claim and he will be on their reserve-did not report list until or unless they release him.

Putting this here in case anybody wonders if he'll return to the Cowboys once he addresses his personal issues.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
His mental health wasn't an issue here but as soon as Baltimore claimed him it became an issue. What a coincidence. If he doesn't want to goto that club he needs to have that conversation with them, they still have his rights so whenever he is ready to come back to the NFL its for the Ravens.
I don't think so. I believe if Knight sits out a whole year, he becomes a free agent.

John813

Reaction score
I don't think so. I believe if Knight sits out a whole year, he becomes a free agent.

He only has two accrued seasons, as he is now in his 3rd year but has only played/been on the roster for 5 games.
He needs 6 games to gain a season. So, as of now if the Ravens want to hold onto his rights he would be a ERFA.
Aka, the Ravens own his right if they wish to keep it and he can't talk to other clubs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He only has two accrued seasons, as he is now in his 3rd year but has only played/been on the roster for 5 games.
He needs 6 games to gain a season. So, as of now if the Ravens want to hold onto his rights he would be a ERFA.
Aka, the Ravens own his right if they wish to keep it and he can't talk to other clubs.
If that's the case, he should show up for only 1 game with the Ravens, then sit out the rest of the year. This would give him 6 games to gain a season, thus enabling him to sit out the rest of the season and become a free agent for next year.