News: PFT: CBS hopes to extend Tony Romo's contract

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CBS hopes to extend Tony Romo's contract

gettyimages-959329798-e1548180982565.jpg

Broadcaster Tony Romo quickly has become a bigger star than football player Tony Romo ever was. According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, CBS hopes to extend Romo's contract before i...

Read Full Story

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Really happy for Romo. Witten not so much. It's like listening to snoopy and Charlie brown have a conversation.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Seems incredible that they'd give a guy a huge stage but not lock up long term options on him incase he hit it big.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
As a Seattle fans perspective, I think Tony does a damn good job, but he needs to check his bouts of hyperactivity where he gets overhyped.

You can tell the guy has a very high football IQ. Witten needs some work though, he’s not a nature fit like Tony, yet.....

gmb1

Reaction score
Maybe he might go to ESPN Monday Night football?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think the next ex-player that will be a great announcer is Phillip Rivers. Kinda like Romo, he's a very likeable and funny guy that is passionate for the game.

Reaction score
Maybe he might go to ESPN Monday Night football?
The MNF is not the gig it used to be. I'd be surprised if he goes there.

Sunday night is much more likely. Although Collinsworth seems to have a stranglehold on that job

Chances are that he stays at CBS though

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Romo should be talking about how much he would enjoy coaching every time he’s in front of a microphone. CBS would have to add some zeros to the deal.

exciter

Reaction score
Romo should be talking about how much he would enjoy coaching every time he’s in front of a microphone. CBS would have to add some zeros to the deal.
Why? CBS knows fully well Tony ain't gonna take the massive pay cut and huge increase in work hours to become a coach!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think the next ex-player that will be a great announcer is Phillip Rivers. Kinda like Romo, he's a very likeable and funny guy that is passionate for the game.

No disrespect, but I've noticed it's the southern chaps that don't necessarily make it in commentating/broadcasting. Romo, like Aikman, like Madden, like Fouts, like Gonzalez, is a California kid, even though he ended up in Packer country. Esiason is from NY, and Gruden is from Ohio.

Phillip Rivers is as deep south as they come. Not acknowledging any stereotypes, but it is a noticeable trend.

GenoT

Reaction score
Seems incredible that they'd give a guy a huge stage but not lock up long term options on him incase he hit it big.
Because Romo was a rookie broadcaster; if he failed, they’d be on the hook for a longer term.

Now that they know he’s the real deal, they’ll pay him accordingly and be comfortable doing so.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Could also see Sean Lee being great at it, if he doesn't going into coaching.