PFT: Chris Henry will Play, Bengals cut Kenny Watson

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CHRIS HENRY WILL PLAY, BENGALS CUT KENNY WATSON
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 4, 2008, 4:21 p.m.

Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry will play for the first time this season on Sunday in Dallas.

The Bengals added Henry to the active roster today. To make room for him, they cut running back Kenny Watson. The Bengals had been given a roster exemption for Henry, but that exemption expired today.

Henry was charged with assault during the off-season. Although the charges were later dropped, he was suspended for the first four games of the regular season. He was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 season.

On some plays, fans will likely be treated to the sight of Henry going up against Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones. The two were college teammates and were the poster boys for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s 2007 crackdown on off-field misbehavior.

Bengals.com reported that Watson, who wasn’t expected to play Sunday anyway because of a hamstring injury, could re-sign with the Bengals soon.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
You beat me to it WG. I bet they come out in a lot of three receiver sets so looks like we'll be in lots of nickel. This could be a track meet.

Nav22

Reaction score
The Bengals had been given a roster exemption for Henry, but that exemption expired today.
Shayne Graham, the Bengals kicker, made a great point the other day regarding roster exemptions. And I bet he had his teammate, Chris Henry, in mind when making the comments.

Graham pointed out that teams are given these exemptions to protect the roster spot of a suspended player, but when Bucs kicker Matt Bryant lost an infant son, the Bucs were given no such exemption.

Thus, just a couple days after losing his son, Bryant had no choice but to kick for the Bucs on Sunday... had the Bucs given him the game off and signed another kicker, somebody on the 53 man roster would've had to be cut.

TrinaAnn

Reaction score
I am so happy that Henry is going to play. Marvin and Brat, said he is looking very good, I hope we do use three receiver sets, plus utecht, and Palmer is playing too. I hope we show up and not get too embarrassed when we play you guys this Sunday..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2307100 said:
Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry will play for the first time this season on Sunday in Dallas.
Unless he gets arrested before kickoff.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am more worried about chatman than I am Henry.

palmer is going to take our secondary apart tomorrow. I hope we can hold them to field goals and then outscore them.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Theebs I have a feeling we are going to try and grind it out on them and keep the ball away from their offense. Since we neglected the running game last week I think we'll go the other way and run, run, run.

My biggest fear is that we try and force the ball again to T.O.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
goliadmike;2307175 said:
Theebs I have a feeling we are going to try and grind it out on them and keep the ball away from their offense. Since we neglected the running game last week I think we'll go the other way and run, run, run.

My biggest fear is that we try and force the ball again to T.O.

I think the same.

The problem with that thinking is if the bengals throw it all over and put points on the board, you have to score to. This team knows it throws to score. The pass sets up everything here. Its going to be another beautiful day here tomorrow and it has got to be extremely hard to not pass the ball in these weather conditions.

I am all for pounding it tomorrow and limiting the bengals posessions. I just think we are going to have to score points tomorrow because the bengals are going to come out firing.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
I don't like this match up at all if Palmer is healthy. I would much rather face a running team right now. I think you are right and I posted earlier this game will probably be a score fest. If the Bengals score early we will definitely abandon the run until we are two scores up.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Dallas needs to get them some turnovers tomorrow no doubt...

Turnovers can cure an ailing defense. The Cowboys need that.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Cincinnati's offense hasn't been stellar this year. They were sporadically good last year.

If they light our defense up, then we're in a pretty sad state. We talk about this guy and that guy getting healthy, but the reality is our D is pretty healthy overall. And all but a few guys are in the 2nd year of this defense. If the Bengals put up 30+ on us, there isn't much hope to think other than our defense just isn't very good.

If Wade isn't running the show on D already, he'd better grab the reins soon.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nav22;2307115 said:
Shayne Graham, the Bengals kicker, made a great point the other day regarding roster exemptions. And I bet he had his teammate, Chris Henry, in mind when making the comments.

Graham pointed out that teams are given these exemptions to protect the roster spot of a suspended player, but when Bucs kicker Matt Bryant lost an infant son, the Bucs were given no such exemption.

Thus, just a couple days after losing his son, Bryant had no choice but to kick for the Bucs on Sunday... had the Bucs given him the game off and signed another kicker, somebody on the 53 man roster would've had to be cut.

Sucks yes but thats the way of the world.

They could have just cut Bryant for the week and signed him right back if it really came to it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2307179 said:
I think the same.

The problem with that thinking is if the bengals throw it all over and put points on the board, you have to score to. This team knows it throws to score. The pass sets up everything here. Its going to be another beautiful day here tomorrow and it has got to be extremely hard to not pass the ball in these weather conditions.

I am all for pounding it tomorrow and limiting the bengals posessions. I just think we are going to have to score points tomorrow because the bengals are going to come out firing.

That's IF we can establish a run game, IF. I know Garrett may have abandoned it too soon, but we nonetheless were getting pounded at the LOS.

Anyhow-how we do on I doesn't concern me tomorrow, it's our D. I'm having a rotten feeling that Palmer and the Cincy passing game will rip us to shreds tomorrow.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Boysboy;2307218 said:
That's IF we can establish a run game, IF. I know Garrett may have abandoned it too soon, but we nonetheless were getting pounded at the LOS.

With the size of this OL and the 3 tight end package................no reason we get "pounded" at the LOS. Unacceptable. We have the size and the talent to punch teams right in the mouth, we should do that.