News: PFT: Cowboys hope to avoid franchise tag dance with Dak Prescott

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys hope to avoid franchise tag dance with Dak Prescott

gettyimages-1081731104-1-e1551216316695.jpg

The best part about finding a long-term starting quarterback in round four is being able to brag about finding a long-term starting quarterback in round four. The worst part is that he can't ...

Read Full Story

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Interesting that the writer mentioned Carr. Carr is getting $25 million per year, and I can argue that Dak is better/more effective in his role. Is Dak worth, $108 million/4 yrs ($27 mill/yr)? What do we pay Zeke when he wants something close to Gurley money? I have a feeling that after two more years Zeke is not wearing the Star.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting that the writer mentioned Carr. Carr is getting $25 million per year, and I can argue that Dak is better/more effective in his role. Is Dak worth, $108 million/4 yrs ($27 mill/yr)? What do we pay Zeke when he wants something close to Gurley money? I have a feeling that after two more years Zeke is not wearing the Star.

And I can argue that the Raiders very much regret that contract. Its crazy but Dak is probably going to get something north of 30 million per. Zeke might not get a second contract. We cut Demarco Murray loose the year he won the league's offensive MVP award b/c he wanted 8 million per. Zeke is going to want 15 million per.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

I agree. I am a big Zeke fan, but it's easier to find another RB than another QB. No matter what people's opinions of Dak are, he's a thousand times better than starting over from scratch at the toughest position to find stability at.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree. I am a big Zeke fan, but it's easier to find another RB than another QB. No matter what people's opinions of Dak are, he's a thousand times better than starting over from scratch at the toughest position to find stability at.
Depends on where scratch is.

I do agree it’s easier to find another RB but Dak has illustrated thus far he needs elite talent surrounding him to prosper.

We either need Dak to take less so we can continue surrounding him or find someone who can elevate lesser talent around him if we have to pay top money.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The first two years of the franchise tag are fairly reasonable, the smart thing really would be to go the Kirk Cousins route and continue to evaluate the position over the next three years. Of course, Jerry and Stephen are rarely described as “smart”...