News: PFT: Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee returns to practice

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I doubt that. He's still one of the best Linebackers in the league and the Cowboys have a much better record with him on the field. LVE has a ways to go, but he's definitely shaping up to be a monster. There's no reason why they can't share the load.

Can we just put Lee in to shadow LVE so he always gets second contact?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Sean Lee (hamstring) returned to a limited practice on Wednesday.

It's the first time he's practiced since injuring his hamstring in Week 3. The Cowboys may opt to sit Lee with a bye coming up in Week 8, but the veteran linebacker is getting close.

Source - Rotoworld.com

glimmerman

Reaction score
Good. We can use him. Why would anyone say we couldn’t use Sean Lee on the field. He is not expendable. We just happen to have a very good replacement.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sentiment we're seeing here re: Sean Lee, of all players, is why you can't trust fans to evaluate the job someone does properly. For whatever reason, a significant percentage of the sports-viewing population is somehow completely clueless and unable to evaluate what happens on a football field. These are otherwise, apparently, regularly-functioning adults. I don't understand how it happens, but it happens so often you can't ignore it.

Reaction score
Lee is a top 5 LB in the league when he's healthy. Yeah, he doesn't stay healthy and the drop off without him has been so bad that we basically had to draft LVE and hope that he was good enough that the defense didn't fall apart without Lee (thankfully it looks good).

But the idea that we shouldn't play Lee when he's healthy is so very very stupid. The longer Lee is here to mentor LVE and Smith the better. Do I re-sign Lee after his contract is up after the 2019 season? No, but until then as long as he's healthy he should definitely be on the field.

plasticman

Reaction score
Sean Lee was out five games last season and STILL led the team in tackles, he deserves to be the starter if he can walk onto the field. However,I would limit his plays and keep him fresher until the end of the season and,hopefully, the postseason.

And for those of you with the short memories, in Lee's 7th game playing as a rookie, he intercepted two passes, running one back for a TD in a game the Cowboys won by 3 points. Since his rookie season, he has led the team in interceptions. Of the next 10 players with the most interceptions since 2010, Jeff Heath is the only one left besides Lee who is still a Cowboy.

I love our new rookie LB, but what has he done so far that is more impressive than when Lee is on the field? I would show a little more respect for the team's active leader in both tackles and interceptions. You know you do because your greatest complaint is that he is not on the field which is why the rookie has to play in the first place.

Prime21

Reaction score
When Lee was in this season he was not looking great. Jaylon and LVE might both be better.

I love Lee but I do not want the two young studs taken out unless its for a much needed breather and I don't think Jaylon and LVE need many breathers.