News: PFT: Dak Prescott gets a long-term deal with Anheuser-Busch

Adreme

Reaction score
i read a article a few weeks back that says he makes 50mil a yr om endorsements.

That article was making a faulty assumption and counting his insurance that only pays out if he gets hurt and can't play as income when it clearly isn't.

dckid

Reaction score
Dak Prescott gets a long-term deal . . . with Anheuser-Busch - ProFootballTalk

GettyImages-1207760098-e1611696018843.jpg

The window has re-opened for a long-term deal between the Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott. A long-term deal between player and team hasn't happened. Here's what has happened: A long-term deal between Prescott and Anheuser-Busch. Via Terry Lefton of Sports Business Journal, the folks behind brands like Budweiser, Bud Light, and Bud Light Seltzer have [more]

Read Full Story
Be smart and trade him.
Do not sign him to a 40 million per year dead on arrival contract.
We have an inept coach and ownership group. Another 10 years of 7-9, 8-8.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Dak decides to not sign with Dallas, these types of endorsements will not happen...me thinks somebody should tell that to him and his clueless agent dujour
I think the Jones were working with this narrative all along.

Todd France however can't sell that as far as attracting other clients, only the bottom line contract numbers.

Hopefully the injury softened him up to the point where a compromise can be reached.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I tend to lean towards craft IPAs, stouts, and barrel aged beers, but every once in a while I pick up a 12 pack of Pabst for the weekend. Something about its awfulness is charming.
I am a big craft beer guy. Being in Toronto we have a great selection. But one thing i do enjoy is our Lager. Pabst is gross lol. But we have some pretty damn good beer up here. Ill send the board some when we win the Superbowl.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The more money Dak makes in endorsements, the more likely he will sign a modest deal. When I say modest, it will still be enormous, what the market bears, but maybe he won’t hold out for insane money.

Nope. He was already making nearly 50 million in endorsements before this. Compare that to the 12-15 million brady and rogers get. And yet he still has his agent holding out for top dollar now and in 2022 after the new tv deal is done.

cern

Reaction score
That's not what they meant in the article. They meant assuming the Cowboys sign Dak long term he should expect 90 million fully guaranteed within the first two years of that contract. That's how I read it.
that's because if was tagged two more times, it would amount to 90 million. 38 million this year an approx. 52 million for the next. the assumption is if we can't work out a long term deal, we can tag him again twice. but we might just tag him this season and move on if a deal can't be reached.

bigE79

Reaction score
Especially being the QB of the Cowboys
Pretty soon that's not gonna mean much if we don't start
consistently winning again and having playoff success.you saw how we were flexed out of primetime twice.when did that ever happen?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for Dak but I did not like the article. It stated there is no reason for Dak to ask for anything less than 90M GUARANTEED over the next 2 years! :facepalm:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Post Malone must have hooked him up.

Nope. He got the deal b/c the Cowboys have an exclusive 41 year contract with Coors Molsen. I think this is unofficially part of his compensation package b/c he doesn't get this unless he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.