News: PFT: Damontae Kazee moving on to visit Lions after Cowboys meeting

Sydla

Reaction score
Why are you assuming to know what happened? Stop. Unless you work for the Cowboys or are Hookers agent everything you’re saying is speculation. Stop trying to prove it as fact. The facts are. Hooker and the other 2 came in for visits. And left. Considering the DC of the team isn’t even in the building what’s more likely? That we didn’t offer a contract prior to talking to the new DC of the team? Or that we offered them a bag of chips and a how do you do? Come on

You are right. There could be other reasons. Maybe each bombed any interviews with Jerry or Stephen. Or maybe they failed the physicals. So, yes, those are other possibilities that I did not state originally.

I tend to think it's money. Of course it's my opinion but it's based on pretty strong evidence and history of how the Cowboys operate. The premise some are floating here is that the Cowboys let Hooker and Kazee leave because they don't have the results of the physicals. That's seems quite unlikely. If you bring two guys in that you are very interested in signing, you don't let them leave without knowing the physical results.

cheyennes

Reaction score
Nooooo, not Xavier Woods again... this man learned his tackling technique watching the Running of the Bulls ....... you run back and looking behind you all the way to see where the runner is coming from. Then try tackling him from behind. It is a bad joke.
I know man, we have Tohmpson, think it :angry:

phildadon86

Reaction score
You are right. There could be other reasons. Maybe each bombed any interviews with Jerry or Stephen. Or maybe they failed the physicals. So, yes, those are other possibilities that I did not state originally.

I tend to think it's money. Of course it's my opinion but it's based on pretty strong evidence and history of how the Cowboys operate. The premise some are floating here is that the Cowboys let Hooker and Kazee leave because they don't have the results of the physicals. That's seems quite unlikely. If you bring two guys in that you are very interested in signing, you don't let them leave without knowing the physical results.
I honestly think they are just gonna speak to the coaches and make a decision that way.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
How do we know what the doctors said?
A7M2rWU.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
I honestly think they are just gonna speak to the coaches and make a decision that way.

That doesn't seem like smart business either. If you bring two guys in that you think you need, why in the world wouldn't you know what you want to do while you have them there? Why risk letting them get on a plane, fly to another city, get offered more money than they would have taken in Dallas?

If the Cowboys let them leave so they could spend the next day or two discussing what to do with coaches, that seems like a really not so bright idea.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Kazee: "Yes, Mr. Jones, let me mull over this honest offer."
Kazee to agent: "Get me to the airport, stat."

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Or maybe the Cowboys offered too little money, which frankly, seems like the more likely answer.
Or....they gave him a physical and found out he's a broken down barn mule like Sherman.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's quite possible neither player can pass a physical right now........it's no secret their injuries requires at least a year of rehab. Hooker was placed on IR Sept 2020, meaning he has at least 6 more months of rehab. Not sure why it's so hard to understand the FO not signing them at this time. I don't blame them.......hell, I wouldn't either (lol)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Can we just get back to the hyperventilating over signing Kearse?
So much more simple.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Can we just get back to the hyperventilating over signing Kearse?
So much more simple.

Yes let's, at least until we get to the part of both Hooker/Kazee have left we must have low balled them, moving into once we sign one I can't believe we signed that guy he sucks.