News: PFT: Damontae Kazee moving on to visit Lions after Cowboys meeting

dware94

Reaction score
Not shocking that they are likely to go with a guy who’s familiar with Quinn’s defense and has played decent in it. Nfl coaches live in a “now” world so my guess is Quinn pounded the table for Kazee. I’d rather take the higher ceiling player in Hooker.

Carson

Reaction score
Not shocking that they are likely to go with a guy who’s familiar with Quinn’s defense and has played decent in it. Nfl coaches live in a “now” world so my guess is Quinn pounded the table for Kazee. I’d rather take the higher ceiling player in Hooker.
I prefer Hooker as well. However Malik didn’t seem too sure he was 100%. When asked how he was doing he said good and getting better. Kazee may be healthier

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I prefer Hooker as well. However Malik didn’t seem too sure he was 100%. When asked how he was doing he said good and getting better. Kazee may be healthier
Lol. Kazee is 100% on an injury that takes over a year to fully recover?

Larrylock

Reaction score
Could it be that the Kearse signing ckuld indicate that he would sgart season until Hooker or Kazee were fully healthy and ready to play

superonyx

Reaction score
Its always funny to come hear and watch people fighting with each other when not a damn person on this board could possibly know why they have not signed either guy yet.

Let's fight because my speculation is better to me than your speculation... good times.

kskboys

Reaction score
Its always funny to come hear and watch people fighting with each other when not a damn person on this board could possibly know why they have not signed either guy yet.

Let's fight because my speculation is better to me than your speculation... good times.
Plus, it's normal for FA's to visit several teams before making a decision.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I mean how many times do we have to see this before to understand what is likely going on? There's little chance both would leave Dallas without the Cowboys knowing the status of their physicals.

And here's what will happen. If Hooker and Kazee sign elsewhere, many will be back saying, "Oh, I wouldn't have paid that" or "He's overpaid". LOL.
And some of us will know that we simply could not sign them under the cap for what they were asking.
We are grabbing street cheap deals here,, what is not to understand, the only difference is some of these street deals could be street steals.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well unlike Hooker he’s only been injured once in his career.

Sydla

Reaction score
Such a stupid, old and tired take. Jeez, is this what’s CZ is all about? Come on man, give us something other than this drivel.

Except it's true when it comes to FA. They rarely upgrade a position in FA. It's more about getting bodies and hoping they get lucky.

In what world would a fan of a team look at what the Cowboys struggled with last year (S play and DT play) and come away thinking, you know what, the Cowboys saw a real problem and they really tried to address at least one in the offseason with a good, high level, quality player? They did what they always do............ throw a few cheap contracts at players and cross their fingers assume the draft will fix their problem. That's just a fact at this point.

And it typically fails when you look at DT and S. I don't know who they lean on for league level scouting but whoever does it, they aren't very good at their jobs because even when they spend a bit more than bargain level cash like with Griffen, it never seems to work out. We've gotten very little help in FA over the last 6-7.

Sydla

Reaction score
And some of us will know that we simply could not sign them under the cap for what they were asking.
We are grabbing street cheap deals here,, what is not to understand, the only difference is some of these street deals could be street steals.

I am pretty sure this is what the Jones tell themselves and it rarely turns out to be the case. The old adage typically holds for the Cowboys in FA, "You get what you pay for."