News: PFT: Dan Bailey back to kicking like Dan Bailey again

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think you know what hindsight means.

hind·sight
/ˈhīn(d)ˌsīt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: hindsight
  1. understanding of a situation or event only after it has happened or developed.
People said that given up on the greatest kicker in NFL history because he was struggling through injuries for a kicker who wasn't even great in the CFL was a mistake. The results are not hindsight.
NO I remember just fine , at the very first 24hrs fans were in shock but once the season started and how bad Baily was in MN, they all agreed it was correct.

so stop the freaking arguing over 18month in the past debate over a kicker...a KICKER who sucked big time for 18months after and making near 4mil here.. he took pay cut this year nearly got cut but now is showing some of his odd self and now the post come./.

thats hindsight..

get past it..HES GONE and it was the correct move this is NOT FF you cant stash a kicker on IR for 4mil and hoe 18months s\later he comes back around..SMH

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I would've placed Bailey on IR that season instead of just cutting him. Give him time to rest and get rid of Maher ASAP. Maher is the anti bailey. He's erratic, unpredictable, and completely unreliable.
Do you think we honestly have a Head Coach with the authority to make that decision and a GM that will let the Head Coach manage the players?

This is not New England, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Seattle, or New Orleans were Head Coach with experience make decisions regarding football.

This is the Arlington Jonesboys and Jerry Jones is owner, GM, and Head Coach. So you let go an All Pro K for a erratic big leg K that will hit a 62 yard field goal before halftime and miss a 40 field goal in the 4th quarter.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
NO I remember just fine , at the very first 24hrs fans were in shock but once the season started and how bad Baily was in MN, they all agreed it was correct.

so stop the freaking arguing over 18month in the past debate over a kicker...a KICKER who sucked big time for 18months after and making near 4mil here.. he took pay cut this year nearly got cut but now is showing some of his odd self and now the post come./.

thats hindsight..

get past it..HES GONE and it was the correct move this is NOT FF you cant stash a kicker on IR for 4mil and hoe 18months s\later he comes back around..SMH

I never got on the Maher train and many others did not either.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The guy wasn't all that healthy. We still don't go for it much. Now we settle for 60 yard FG's which I think is the only reason we picked up Maher. We stick with scrubs for years but we can't be loyal to Bailey for one year. After all the games he won for us.
this was a Jason Garrett move to show he's assertive and knows what's best for the team. He assumed Bailey was done and quickly disposed of him. This was his chance to be Bill Belichick for the moment.

JBond

Reaction score
ridiculous threads, Hindsight sure is 20- 20 lmao.. so we should have stuck with a kicker who lost it, was injured and took 18months to get back to normal? he had huge contract and it was the correct move..

Im with others Maher will force the OC and HC to call more aggressive plays on that side of the 50 vs FG after FG..sure I hope Maher cleans it up but remember maher was like 11-1 his first 12 Fgs was he not..? hes made some big ones to set up some he missed later but never would those had mattered if he doesnt kick a 50 and 62 earlier..

sure its inconsistent and worrisome but 16-20 other teams have similar kicker and not many kickers on the open market who are better..
Maher is a sloppy kicker. I was a kicker along with playing other positions. FS and emergency QB.

My strength was in soccer.

Big leg, but for the life of me I can't understand why they haven't made adjustments to his approach to the ball.

Froski

Reaction score
ridiculous threads, Hindsight sure is 20- 20 lmao.. so we should have stuck with a kicker who lost it, was injured and took 18months to get back to normal? he had huge contract and it was the correct move..

Im with others Maher will force the OC and HC to call more aggressive plays on that side of the 50 vs FG after FG..sure I hope Maher cleans it up but remember maher was like 11-1 his first 12 Fgs was he not..? hes made some big ones to set up some he missed later but never would those had mattered if he doesnt kick a 50 and 62 earlier..

sure its inconsistent and worrisome but 16-20 other teams have similar kicker and not many kickers on the open market who are better..

You put him on IR. Give him more time to recover, bring a kicker afterwards, let them compete and then make the decision.

Right decision? Yes. Was it handled perfectly? No.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Kicker is a fickle position and one you can't play around with. Good that he turned it around. Took him two years to do it tho as he was still trash last year in Minny.
Heck, he still missed an extra point (and one of two field goals) in week two of this year!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I still can’t get over how quick they cut the anchor on Bailey after so many years of being “Dan the Man” yet turned around and gave such a long leash on “left-hash” Maher.
maher is cheap , bailey wasnt.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
i remember Garrett quickly cutting Bailey , and putting Maher ... because of his 'next man up' process .

truth is, for the next man up to work .., we need scheme and solid game planning .

Thats why Garrett gets great high-fives by his players .