1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: PFT: Deion Sanders: They're letting too many players into the Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Jan 28, 2020.

1. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    2,794 Likes Received
    Terrell davis shouldn't have gotten in either

BigD5, J817, Buttermaker and 3 others like this.
  2. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

9,352 Messages
    6,562 Likes Received
    This, we would kill to have a prime time on the field now to take away that half of the field. Then be able to take a punt or int to the house if they were stupid enough to try to throw his way. Once he did take it to the house you knew for the rest of the game, that side was closed for business the rest of the night.

3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

24,628 Messages
    13,681 Likes Received
    Mike Haynes was a better player. Herb Adderley and Mel Renfro as good. I'll give Deion the nod on special teams.

ottawacowpoke, kskboys and mrmojo like this.
  4. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

43,338 Messages
    26,855 Likes Received
    I have been pissed off at how the Board of Selectors nominate and induct members for decades. Now, Sanders opens his mouth and I feel the urge to apologize to them.

Getting into the Hall is a terribly difficult process for anyone who is not 'universally' loved by the public. Laying another pseudo standard atop the one that has been around since the 1960's is cruel and unjust punishment to the people who laid it all on the line JUST LIKE Sanders.

Football isn't golf, tennis, etc. It is a team sport. The greatest football players are great in part by playing with teammates and coaches who helped them become great to some degree.

Just a flat out incredibly selfish opinion. It is the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. It is not the Sanders "ew! they let YOU in?" Hall Of Fame.

5. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,102 Messages
    5,139 Likes Received
    It’s ironic, because while I agree that too many inductees water it down, I’d say Deion was borderline. While he was so fast and nimble that people simply didn’t play his side of the field as much, he WAS a strutting, arrogant mercenary who tackled like a Girl Scout.

Guys like Eli don’t belong either. He was good, but not THAT good!

Furboy and Runwildboys like this.
  6. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,874 Messages
    22,036 Likes Received
    I believe Gore is better than you think.

7. kskboys

19,874 Messages
    22,036 Likes Received
    Shocking to me that some believe he belongs.

Runwildboys likes this.
  8. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

13,243 Messages
    19,752 Likes Received
    If Patrick Mahomes wins the Super Bowl on Sunday and retires on Monday, he'd be more deserving than Eli to enter the Hall.

ESisback and kskboys like this.
  9. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

4,041 Messages
    6,201 Likes Received
    Eli belongs in the HOF. Not all heroes wear capes. Were it not for him the Pats would have 8 Super Bowls.

Furboy and DB_Cooper like this.
  10. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Well-Known Member

6,504 Messages
    6,594 Likes Received
    Yeah a little too much shade bru. He was already a stud with Atlanta before 49ers and Cowboys. Couldn’t tackle worth a damn but you add shutting down half a field and return threat snd he was one of the best

11. kskboys

19,874 Messages
    22,036 Likes Received
    Mel Renfro was a beast of a returner. Still holds the Cowboys record for average KO returns career, and Punt returns in a season(20.8 yds/return).

Furboy likes this.
  12. kskboys

19,874 Messages
    22,036 Likes Received
    You mean if it not were for Tom Coughlin.

Runwildboys likes this.
  13. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

3,009 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    Are you implying that the greatest corner of all-time shouldn't be in the hall of fame? This guy shut down the best of the best receivers (ask Jerry Rice) & for years quarterbacks wouldn't even throw to his side of the field. No corner has ever been feared like Deion sanders was feared & he's the only player in NFL history to score a touchdown 7 different ways. Not to mention in the 1992 WORLD SERIES he did this: In 17 plate appearances for the Braves during the series, Sanders slashed .533/.588/.667 with two doubles and five stolen bases.

There's nothing one dimensional about Deion Sanders.

14. kskboys

19,874 Messages
    22,036 Likes Received
    Ever is too strong of a word.

15. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

3,009 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    Runwildboys and BigCatMonaco like this.
  16. cern

cern Well-Known Member

11,334 Messages
    15,661 Likes Received
    I think if you're going to call out the hof committee for letting in the undeserving you should have the fortitude to name names. The accused have the right to face their accuser. I hope sanders has to stand up to the scrutiny of his opinions.

HowardC likes this.
  17. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

532 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    One dimensional.........how about once in a lifetime before his time game changer CB

TexasFrog likes this.
  18. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

532 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    Why it should be obvious

19. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

532 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    No he wouldnt. But the truth is there are guys in that should not be in yet especially OJ ver old timers like pearson

20. beware_d-ware

beware_d-ware Well-Known Member

4,487 Messages
    5,482 Likes Received
    The HOF inducting only 5 people a year is a bit on the short side as it is IMO. I like how they are expanding it this year to clean out their backlog a bit and get some moldy-oldies in there that otherwise wouldn't have a prayer - 5 a year hardly keeps pace with the recent retirees.