PFT: Eagles believe Jordan Davis can have a role rushing the passer

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I mean him rushing the passer is cool

but I believe hes going to be the DT that keeps the linebackers free, takes up 2 or 3 blockers and leave the d'ends one on one and shuts down the running lanes

Like the big NT did for the ravens for Ray to make all of those tackles.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Philly's got some big boys to push the pocket. We'll see how that works out, but if he's anywhere near as good as Cox was in his prime or Hargrave, he'll be causing us headaches for year. For what it's worth, I didn't exactly like what I saw from Milton Williams in the Eagles' last game against us. He might be a handful too.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Good. I hope they use Davis as one of their pass rushers. He will wear down quickly and he’s not going to be as good getting after the QB as some of their other DT’s.

If they do use him in that role it will just be them trying to justify the draft capital spent on the guy. They don’t want him to be a two down player, but that’s what he is. If a team plays up-tempo, it will complicate things for them with Davis.

I like him as a run stuffer, but they paid too much for that skillset.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They probably think this because they know he'll be facing Tyler Smith twice a season.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
John Ridgeway is the same type of player. But Ridgeway doesn't have the stamina problems that Davis has. And Ridgeway has a lot more nastiness with him. So in my opinion we drafted the better of the two.

What makes you think that Ridgeway has a lot more nastiness the Jordan? Oh BTW, a man who weighs 340 and runs a 4.78 40 is not fat. Ridgeways 40 was a very slow 5.3

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
What makes you think that Ridgeway has a lot more nastiness the Jordan? Oh BTW, a man who weighs 340 and runs a 4.78 40 is not fat. Ridgeways 40 was a very slow 5.3
What makes you think I need to answer your question? I stated my opinion. If you don't agree with my opinion, just come out and say that. So what makes you think I need to answer your question when I never asked you to what you think.

Oh BTW, I never said anyone was fat in my post. If you think Davis is the better...state your opinion, make your case and move on. It's just that simple.